Dr. Rajev I. Nain

GGB
on 2/17/11 11:38 am - montclair, VA
It's a newbie,
3 years, 11 months and 46 days that I've been thinking about WLS and I'm ready or at least I believe I am.

My doctor just smiled when I asked for a referral, Tricare Prime here, and said she was wondering why it took me so long. We discussed it in depth and she was just beaming. She's a woman of few words, no-nonsense doctor so it was very unusual to see her like this. I guess she does like me as a patient.

I attended my informational meeting at Blue Point on Monday, scheduled a date with Dr. Moazzez and then was able to get an appointment yesterday due to a cancellation. I felt very comfortable with Dr. Nain, he answered the questions that I had and overall came away with a great plan.
I'm scheduled for the mandatory Tricare requirement of 6 months of supervised diet/nut classes starting on Wednesday.

Has anybody had any experience with this doctor? I've read his bio and compared it to the original doctor that tricare has recommended.

I'm sure I'll have quite a few questions while taking my first steps on this journey.
Thanks,GG
caroline2622
on 2/18/11 3:40 am - Woodbridge , VA
VSG on 09/30/08 with
Oh Dr Moazzez is superior surgeon    Did some research and chose him for superb reputation.   When nurses were asked who would you choose, they stated hands down Dr Mo.      He only works at Fair Oaks .... Fair Oaks Inova is first class all the way.      

You do not want to use Potomac Hospital   

Congratulations!   Start working towards detoxing and getting uses to not drinking and eating together.     Easier in post op, less withdrawals.   

Keep in touch   Feel free to PM me  

lost 140 lbs     

Extended TT 12/072009     Plastic Surgeon Mitchell Krieger                     
GGB
on 2/18/11 11:33 am - montclair, VA
Thanks so much for the reply Caroline. I'm not sure if Dr. Mo will do the surgery or if Dr. Naziz.
I'll have to ask next week for clarification on that.

Thanks to a nasty little stomach juju bug that I picked up last Spring from eating seafood every other day for a couple of months, I was forced to make that choice. I couldn't eat and drink at meals because I felt like I had swallowed a whale if I did. I realized while doing research that this was something I would have to continue if I chose to continue on the WLS journey. It's a part of life now so that's another box checked. I'm still not able to consume the amount of liquids that I used to do on a daily basis but it's ok.
luvkisses4k
on 3/10/11 11:25 pm - Fredericksburg, VA
VSG on 12/21/10 with

Dr Halmi is my surgeon and I LOVE him!  I can't say enough about him and the other surgeons in the Woodbridge offie.  Dr Nain did my EGD and one of my follow up appointments but Dr Halmi did my surgery.

I had the surgery at Potomac Hospital and other than a few issues with getting me a room right away - I was in recovery for 6 hours waiting for a vacant room - everything went pretty okay there.

I have had no problems with my VSG and I am so pleased with the doctors!

caroline2622
on 2/19/11 7:45 am - Woodbridge , VA
VSG on 09/30/08 with

Well good luck to you and do your research ..      Keep in touch !  

lost 140 lbs     

Extended TT 12/072009     Plastic Surgeon Mitchell Krieger                     
Most Active
Recent Topics
Post Op 17 years
Penn5mom · 1 replies · 944 views
Anyone From RVA
jacreasy · 0 replies · 2278 views