Really need help to get over this...

Cassandra Gordon
on 2/8/11 6:23 am - Woodbridge, VA
RNY on 03/29/11 with
I have my surgery set for March 29 and i'm now thinking that I need to go to do more than just walking and start going to the gym. But I have had a hard time going since I don't have anyone to go with me. A few years back I did the same thing, only hired a trainer to go with me and as long as I wasn't by myself, I didn't mind going at all.  How do I get over this?
caroline2622
on 3/23/11 7:46 am - Woodbridge , VA
VSG on 09/30/08 with
How is the networking going?   You are near your surgery date!   Please keep in touch and let us know how you are doing     I will be thinking of you as it is my birthday

lost 140 lbs     

Extended TT 12/072009     Plastic Surgeon Mitchell Krieger                     
caroline2622
on 2/8/11 6:46 am - Woodbridge , VA
VSG on 09/30/08 with
Not sure where you live ....   How about going to water aerobic classes.     You can meet people usually that are going thru similar surgery.     Bluepoint surgial offers support meetings, go and meet face to face some of the people.  You may connect with someone.   Ask the staff if they would listen up for a exersise buddy.       

I prefer the solitude of a quiet pool but I also like the group water.    Prince William County has public offerings during the day and evening.   LA Fitness has a private pool with limits 16 years and older users.   Keeps the kiddies away.    I started going with my husband too.  Good for both of us.    Too cold right now but will start up in late March. 

Post surgery you will take it slow and only get back to the gym with Dr Halmi's clearance.   Do not be in a hurry for agressive exersise take it slow and work your way back.    You will work up to it if you keep to a schedule.  

I used a personal trainer for 3 months I was about 8 months out.  I stopped cuz of my gut was in the way making it hard to do crunches and other exersise.   I decided to see the plastic surgeon     He told me I would have never gotten rid of the gut even with the trainer.    

Hey good luck and try networking

lost 140 lbs     

Extended TT 12/072009     Plastic Surgeon Mitchell Krieger                     
Most Active
Recent Topics
Post Op 17 years
Penn5mom · 1 replies · 944 views
Anyone From RVA
jacreasy · 0 replies · 2278 views