17 days out from surgery...

albemarlepippin
on 2/7/11 11:20 am - Scottsville, VA
I am really getting tired of the babyfood consistency diet! I am also not getting the protein and water numbers I need to get.  I am 49 and this is my first major surgery other than c-sections 30 and 32 years ago. You sure recover differently when you're older! I have never been so weak and tired! I am seeing some weight loss but haven't weighed myself. I am leaving that for my first post op visiit on the 17th. My emotions have been all over the place. Overall though, each day is different ,and each day brings improvement.
caroline2622
on 2/8/11 7:59 am - Woodbridge , VA
VSG on 09/30/08 with
Ok   Relax and slow down........  Keep fluid in hand all day long keep sipping and sipping.     You need to hydrate.  It will help you feel better.    Has anyone recommended liquid Isosure protein?    It is a thick drink but is high in vitamins and whey protein that are easy for you to digest .. you can thin it with water....    Liquids and proteins are very i mportant to healing and feeling better.   Isosure may help you feel better if you are not getting in enough.     Suggest the orange pinapple flavor.      But I think you just need to get in fluids.  

Understand its a very emotional time. I was 52 when I had my VSG.    Been there and just keep in mind that each day gets a bit better.    Keep focused on the future and what is to come.   Stay positive.    

If concerned give the doctor or nutrionist a call .... 

Take care and welcome to the loosers bench

lost 140 lbs     

Extended TT 12/072009     Plastic Surgeon Mitchell Krieger                     
mrskreuter
on 2/18/11 5:23 am
RNY on 02/24/11 with

Hi,
     How did you do on your post op visit? My surgery is on the 24th Feb. I'm excited and a little nervous. I'm 52 and this will be my first major surgery.  I'm on the Optifast diet now and a few days ago I was down 14 lbs.  I do miss food though, we normally go out and eat mexican food on friday night.  Havent missed a mexican night for 2 1/2 years.  Oh well Trying not to think about it too much.  Hope all is well with you.  Take Care, Debbie

Most Active
Recent Topics
Post Op 17 years
Penn5mom · 1 replies · 944 views
Anyone From RVA
jacreasy · 0 replies · 2278 views