Problems With Fingernails

susiecme
on 1/31/11 2:25 am - Wirtz, VA
I hope someone can help me. I had WLS April of last year ( 2010). I am having problems with my fingernails splitting and pealing in layers below the quick. I am taking a multi-vitamin twice a day, calcium twice a day, B-12 every other day and biotin once a day. I am having some problems , still, with getting my protiens in. Meat sometimes makes me feel nauseated and full very quickly. The last time I had labs done I was a little low on my protien levels but not by much.. I have psoriasis and I know  very well that may be contributing to this problem but if anyone has any ideas/ sugestions I would appreciate it.   Susan
caroline2622
on 2/1/11 8:55 am - Woodbridge , VA
VSG on 09/30/08 with

I did not have issues with my nails until I had my gallbladder and a colonoscopy in the same month.   Now my nails are peeling and chipping.      I was off my routine with my protein.   It could be that.

I have been making sure my nails are oiled and been using protective nail polish.  Increasing my proteins    We will see if they get better. 

Take care.  

lost 140 lbs     

Extended TT 12/072009     Plastic Surgeon Mitchell Krieger                     
Most Active
Recent Topics
Post Op 17 years
Penn5mom · 1 replies · 944 views
Anyone From RVA
jacreasy · 0 replies · 2278 views