Morning Virginia! Newbie to VA Board

Sugar Free Candy
on 1/25/11 8:18 pm - VA
Hello everyone!  I'm moving to Richmond in a couple of weeks.  I've been in Maryland for the past decade, and occasionally post on the Maryland board, where I have made many great friends there.  I got a new job  in Richmond and will be starting on Valentine's Day 

A bit about me - I'm a Lapbander - 2 years out and have reached goal and some.  I am interested in finding out who your Lapband/GB doctor is and if you like him or her, since I do need to schedule an appointment with that doctor to transfer records, etc.  For those wondering, Dr. Kuldeep Singh was my surgeon at St. Agnes Hospital.

I originally grew up in Chesterfield County - attending Salem Church Middle, Meadowbrook and Henrico High Schools, and moved to Baltimore shortly after I got done with my high school education in 1991.  Regretfully, I didn't quite stay in touch with people in VA over the years so hard lesson learned.

I am moving to what everyone calls "Southside"? Richmond.  I hope that there are some people in that area so that I can meet, because there is nothing like having an awesome support group who are headed towards the goal of healthy living! 

I am also a Facebooker - so if you're on there, let me know!
melanie M.
on 1/27/11 3:49 am - Hopewell, VA
Welcome to the VA Board!!  My name is Melanie & I had GB. I live on the Southside of Richmond. My surgeon is at St.Mary's Hospital & recommend him a thousand times!! I recently had 2 of my friends make the decision to better themselves & had GB(1 in Nov & other in Jan). My surgeon is Dr. Matthew Brengman  he is with Dominion Surgical Group at St. Mary's with Dr. Schroeder. I dont have Facebook but feel free to email me & we can exchange info!

[email protected]
Leia from MN
on 3/4/11 11:45 am, edited 3/4/11 11:45 am - Richmond, VA
Welcome to the VA board!  I live in the West End, but get to the southside at least weekly for many things.  I didn't have surgery here, but did 5 years ago in Minnesota.  I haven't yet been able to find a doctor here that completely understands what I had done, and it was just a basic RNY.  But I do have a pretty good primary doc that I like.

I am here most weekends, and do enjoy going out for Saturday morning coffee if you ever want to meet up.
Leia
292/189

Enjoying life and all of it's bumps and bruises along the way.

Most Active
Recent Topics
Post Op 17 years
Penn5mom · 1 replies · 944 views
Anyone From RVA
jacreasy · 0 replies · 2278 views