Dr, Elariny and insurance

fit-n-fine
on 1/18/11 9:14 am
A little while ago I was told that he was NOT in network so I began to look elsewhere.  Not wanting to just settle for a  DR. becauese he was in network I decided to look elsewere for a  "vetted DS surgeon" and had decided to go to Dr Ungson in MX.  Yesterday, I call his office..to just ask some questions and low and behold the receptionist said they ARE in network with my insurance.  I called my insurance and they said yep he is now.  

Needless to say I am set up for his seminar ;)  The neg to this is I was mentally prepared for this to happen on my timeline... so not it will be insurance hoops. I must admit it is more comforting that considering the complication of the procedure that may be able to have it in the US closer to home. I am certain they will deny me initially because my BMI is only 40 but I have a few comorbilities and  they do cover the DS.

So if anyone have some insurance pointer/experience I would greatly appreciate it. I would also love to heard about the experience others has had with Dr. Elariney and his pratice.  I understand that he has a fee above what the insurance covers...can someone elaborate on how much and how it works. BTW I have BCBS Fed(Bluechoice)

Thanks
Most Active
Recent Topics
Post Op 17 years
Penn5mom · 1 replies · 944 views
Anyone From RVA
jacreasy · 0 replies · 2278 views