New to VA and need support group

Jenn K
on 1/13/11 11:22 pm - Marietta, GA
RNY on 04/17/06 with
Hello all! I moved to Ashburn VA from Alabama in August and I am attempting to get my life back in order. My weight is spiraling and I need to nip that sh*t in the bud.

Do you have a posted list of support groups in the NOVA/Loudoun county area? Or is anyone willing to invite me to a good one?

I'm 31, a writer, a mom of a 3 yr old boy, and I had RNY in 2006. (Plus, I'm funny... I swear!)
caroline2622
on 1/14/11 5:01 am - Woodbridge , VA
VSG on 09/30/08 with
Hello    Welcome to No VA      Fair Oaks Inova Hospital Hospital has a support system .  I enjoyed the meetings .. I work and it was just too far way for me.      

If you do not have a Doctor   Dr Moazzez is an excellant surgeron and a very caring doctor.  
He is part of the Bluepoint Surgical Group.  I had my VSG and Gall Bladder  done with him.   They have full service staff  to include nutrionists. Office is right next door to the Hospital.  

You may be close to the Reston Hospital, check with them to see if they have a group.     

The Va Forum has not been too busy the last year of so.  More voyeurs then active chatters.   Would love to see more of you and share your thoughts    Like you I too need support.  Take care and keep in touch. 

lost 140 lbs     

Extended TT 12/072009     Plastic Surgeon Mitchell Krieger                     
GAFROMVA
on 1/14/11 11:25 am - Alexandria, VA
VSG on 12/08/10 with
GAFROMVA
on 1/14/11 11:26 am - Alexandria, VA
VSG on 12/08/10 with
 Sorry I don't know of any other support groups in Ashburn, but I know bluepoint surgical has a support group at FairOaks hospital.  I don't go to the support group at fairoaks, but I do go to the support group at Potomac hospital because it's closest to me, but the groups are well organized and informative.
Hope you have find a support group. 

Here is a link to the support groups on Inova website for more info.

http://www.inova.org/healthcare-services/weight-loss-surgery/patient-support-services/support-groups.jsp

Glen

Glen
The early bird might get the worm, but the second mouse gets the cheese. 

HW: 565, Surgery Day: 486 CW: 319
bamabelle16
on 1/15/11 6:06 am
According to the bluepoint surgical web site, the meeting at Fair Oaks is held the 3rd Mon. of the month. Check it out www.Bluepointgroup.com
Most Active
Recent Topics
Post Op 17 years
Penn5mom · 1 replies · 944 views
Anyone From RVA
jacreasy · 0 replies · 2278 views