Support in Norfolk

Missy_0110
on 1/1/11 7:40 pm - VA
I will be moving to Norfolk in a few weeks and don't know where to look for the support groups in the area. I am a year out but I am coming from a great program in NY that offered lots of support. My original WLS program met once a week but I usually only attended every other week just to stay connected or if I was struggeling.  I would really appreciate any guidance anyone can offer.
Thanks

caroline2622
on 1/6/11 7:42 am - Woodbridge , VA
VSG on 09/30/08 with
Hello   Congratulations on your surgery.  I am in No Va.  Not familiar with the area.   Suggest asking your current doctor for a recommendation for a doctor.  Call the office and ask for local support groups.  Try the local hospitals they my have support groups

Hopefully someone will chime in with a local support group.   Good luck

lost 140 lbs     

Extended TT 12/072009     Plastic Surgeon Mitchell Krieger                     
Blair Maury
on 1/6/11 12:11 pm - Portsmouth, VA
Sentara has a nice program in Norfolk. Bon Secors has a great support group in Suffolk and VA Beach. What part of town will you be in? I am assuming Navy wife b/c of the pic, yes?

I had weight loss surgery. I did it the easy way.
Missy_0110
on 1/13/11 7:58 am - VA
Yes I am a navy wife and we live very close to Nofolk Naval Station. I would love to find a group that is close to where I live and perhaps meet some other navy wives who have also had the surgery. I have made some lifelong frinds from my former support group.
RedheadinVA
on 1/12/11 5:18 am
Bon Secours Surgical WL group meets the second Thursday of every month in Virginia Beach.  You can call them at 757-889-6830 to find out about other locations in Norfolk etc.  I would like to find one that meets more then once a month, if you find one let me know!!  Thank you!!

blbx2
on 2/8/11 11:32 pm - Norfolk, VA
I, too, am a Navy wife and I had my surgery done at Depaul Medical Center through the Bon Secours Surgical Weight Loss group. I know that they do have support group meetings as the lady above stated...I haven't been to any but the mandatory one to have surgery so I can't really comment on how the meetings are :/ You may want to check with Portsmouth Naval Medical Center. My friend had hers there and I'm not sure if they have support group meetings but they probably do! If you check and find out anything let me know cuz I would also like to connect with Navy wives who've had rny. 

Most Active
Recent Topics
Post Op 17 years
Penn5mom · 1 replies · 944 views
Anyone From RVA
jacreasy · 0 replies · 2278 views