Anyone have Dr. Maher?

NikitaT
on 11/16/10 3:55 pm
 Hello, a few months ago I had an appointment with Dr. Maher. I am still looking for a doctor because our personalities didn't match. I found his bedside manner to be totally missing and he was very abrasive. I believe you can be honest and straightforward without being rude and condescending. I am trying to figure out if this was a one time thing or his normal behavior?

Thanks!
hotred1
on 11/17/10 3:39 am - Chesterfield, VA

That's his personality. He's really a great Dr. and yes he is very straight to the point but could use some work on his bedside manners, however in saying that he has taking pretty good care of me over the last couple of month and I know quite a few of his patient's who say the samething.  Dr. Kellum on the other hand performs just as well as Dr. Maher and his bedside manners are awesome. 

NikitaT
on 11/17/10 5:42 am
 Thanks for your response. Have you had long weight times?  I had to wait almost 2 hours for my first appointment, is that the norm?
Lauren B
on 11/21/10 8:23 pm - VA
WOW!  i don't believe I've ever waited any lengthy time, especially not two hours.  I can only assume there were some special needs patients that day or hospital emergencies.  I hope they communicated to you during the wait.

Lauren

369/175/136
Highest Weight/Goal/Current Weight
233lbs LOST!!
Maintenance going strong!

Lauren B
on 11/21/10 8:21 pm - VA
Hi Nikita!  Dr. Maher is my surgeon.  I consider him a blessing.  True, he is a shoot from the hip doctor and can certainly seem abrasive to some.  I suppose I have a very similar personality and appreciate that about him, whereas others do not.  I will say this, after surgery he was heartfelt, he visited me several times when I had an allergy to protein powders, and had to be put back in the hospital.  Heck, I even saw the man over the weekend in jeans when he came to check on me.  It meant the world.  Last year at MCV's Holiday Party whi*****ludes a Before and After show, I was brought to tears thanking him and his skilled surgergical staff for caring about me, making my tool possible and supporting me through the years.  I gave that man a huge hug with tears in my eyes and he hugged back.  I also have an awesome picture of the two of us.  I adore him.  Best of luck finding a surgeon you mesh better with.  I know you will find a good match!

Lauren

369/175/136
Highest Weight/Goal/Current Weight
233lbs LOST!!
Maintenance going strong!

Most Active
Recent Topics
Post Op 17 years
Penn5mom · 1 replies · 944 views
Anyone From RVA
jacreasy · 0 replies · 2278 views