UVA information and opinions

albemarlepippin
on 10/14/10 12:10 am - Scottsville, VA
I haven't been around in a while but during that time I have started the process of switching from MJH to UVA. MJH's bariatric staff was being difficult to work with, and one even so much as said I lied concerning some paperwork. So I packed up my little red wagon and switched hospitals!

Any opinions concerning UVA? Any warnings? I have done all required for the insurance co. and meet with UVA next week. I'm not sure if they will want me to do anything else or just summit my stuff to insurance and get this thing going! I am wanting to do bypass.

Looking for any info!
callinwildfire
on 10/15/10 10:13 pm - Levels, WV

Dr.Shirmer and his staff are first rate and wonderful to work with. The only thing I can prepare you for is the long office waits. You may sit for hours. This may have changed now that he has a partner, not sure. But I always went away feeling it was worth the wait. Pam

prissy25
on 10/22/10 10:59 am - Barboursville, VA
Waits arent to bad but  are lengthy and it will be worth the wait, sorry to here about MJH but you might have issues w/ UVA as well remember we are just  #'s to them all but all and all UVA is a good place not alot of after care but Dr Schirmer saved my life this is for  sure. Wish you lots of luck and look us up  VA FFP we meet once a month every 4th Sat support group we are  one other than the one  UVA offers you can email me later if you like and Ill fill you in on our group. Hope you have a sucsessful surgery Ill be  5 yrs out on Halloween doing  great from 410 to `169 I cant complain.
 VAFFPsLogo.jpg FFP's picture by in2lights
OH Support Group Leader - [email protected]
Believing in yourself makes it so much easier in supporting those who need your friendship, love, and support,so Believe in yourself First.
Charlottesville, Virginia VA FFP's Meet's every 4th Sat.

albemarlepippin
on 2/1/11 4:37 am - Scottsville, VA
Can you send me any support info.

Thanks!

[email protected]
Most Active
Recent Topics
Post Op 17 years
Penn5mom · 1 replies · 944 views
Anyone From RVA
jacreasy · 0 replies · 2278 views