The mind is greater than the body.

qmed2002
on 10/3/10 8:22 pm
I had surgery in March29, 2010 i thought it would be the beginning of getting my life back. but that was not the case. after losing 75 lbs i feel like i have done nothing. my clothing size is much smalled than before. but it just feels like i am still a size 20. i am still avoiding taking picture. I know this is all in my head, but i know i am not the only one out there going through this.
boymom16
on 10/11/10 7:14 pm - Forest, VA
Maybe if you take some pictures to use as a photo journal you will be able to acutally see what you have accomplished.

Our reality is shaped by our perceptions. Those perceptions are not always grounded in reality. Find some objective way to measure your progress and maybe you will feel better about it.

Suggestions:

Create a chart of body measurements and use it to graph your progress.

Hang an item of clothing from your highest weight next to an item of clothing you are currently wearing so you can actually see your progress.

Do a chalk outline of your body on paper and cut it out. Do another one in a month and compare.

This is all I can think of at the moment.

Wish you well.

qmed2002
on 10/12/10 8:32 am

That is a fantastic idea. I never would have thought of it. I have a few pictures of me before the surgery. Not to many since I was not happy at all at what I looked like. So for this I might need help from some of my family.

So when was your surgery and what type did you have?

boymom16
on 10/20/10 9:28 pm - Forest, VA
No surgery yet. RNY planned in a few weeks but I have lost about 20 pounds in preparation and feel better already.

qmed2002
on 10/22/10 2:55 pm
Great Job on the weight loss so far. I have a feeling you will have great success with your surgery. Keep up with the good work.
boymom16
on 10/22/10 8:11 pm - Forest, VA
Thank you. I found out yesterday-surgery is scheduled for November 17. Exciting and sobering news all at the same time. I just want to be healthy and have a more normal exercise tolerance again. Have you had surgery already?

qmed2002
on 10/23/10 9:05 pm
Yes I had the Realize band put in on March 29th of this year. I am so much happier now and going clothes shopping is fun.  Plus I am not tired all the time. Before at 265 I wore what ever i could fit into, but now I have a larger selection of clothes to wear.

Joanne M.
on 10/29/10 3:22 am, edited 10/29/10 4:47 am - VA
RNY on 03/16/11 with
I would carry 2 pictures of myself..the before and after and when you have a doubt, look at them.  Really look and study the difference.  I have never in my life lost 75 lbs.  It must be amazing...

Most Active
Recent Topics
Post Op 17 years
Penn5mom · 1 replies · 944 views
Anyone From RVA
jacreasy · 0 replies · 2278 views