I'M BACK.....

(deactivated member)
on 10/1/10 4:11 am - Leesburg, VA
VSG on 05/03/11 with
Hey all Im back. Well last I posted I had no insurance to pay and in debt up to my eyeballs and now there is a little light in the tunnell. My company works with a broker and I got on the phone with the broker and asked them to take a look into this. So they did and now they say my insurance will approve a lap-band and 6 months ago all they were giving me was the lap-dance (run around). Ok no problem thats good news. But now my broker is all fired up and going to figure this out once and for all and is going to really investigate this for me. Im betting next time they call me more will be approved. I'd love to get the VSG, but D Switch or some other opetion might work though.

I just sent my insurance info to Amir Moazzez M.D. and waiting for them to get back to me. The other Dr I saw was at Johns Hopkins and since Im gonna have to do the 6 month diet dealie, I need a Dr closer to me. So we'll see what he says.

Glad to be back and hoping for the best.
Songbrd99
on 10/3/10 1:41 pm - Alexandria, VA
 Good luck to you! I know that sometimes, insurance does everything they can to NOT help you. I have been very lucky in that department, but know that at any point, things could turn. 

I hope everything runs more smoothly for you!
(deactivated member)
on 10/4/10 3:18 am - Leesburg, VA
VSG on 05/03/11 with
Thanks for the note. So I basically have to start over now because its been so long but at least I know what I want to have done is do-able. I am trying to set up a consultation with Amir Moazzez M.D. and it looks like my insurance will pay for a VBG. I wanted the VSG but my insurance won't pay for it. So they will pay for the VBG and the Lap-Band. But I want a permanent change so Im looking at the VBG. The VBG is most like the VSG also so I think it will work well for me. I have to do the 6 month diet and hope to be having surgery next March.

Thanks for the note.
(deactivated member)
on 10/11/10 11:38 pm - Yorktown, VA
If you're interested in the VSG or DS, then I'd look up Dr. Elariny.  He's the only WLS surgeon in VA who does all 4 procedures.  If you see a surgeon who doesn't do all 4, then s/he's not going to give you an unbiased opinion on all 4.

Also, for insurance purposes, you should be able to do your 6 month supervised diet with your PCP and not have to travel to your bariatric surgeon every month.  You'll just need to make sure that your PCP documents everything the right way.  (Weight, height, BMI, gives you goals, what you've done that month, etc.)

Good luck!
SWEET Tink
on 10/25/10 4:24 pm
On October 1, 2010 at 11:11 AM Pacific Time, toobigjackcallen4 wrote:
Hey all Im back. Well last I posted I had no insurance to pay and in debt up to my eyeballs and now there is a little light in the tunnell. My company works with a broker and I got on the phone with the broker and asked them to take a look into this. So they did and now they say my insurance will approve a lap-band and 6 months ago all they were giving me was the lap-dance (run around). Ok no problem thats good news. But now my broker is all fired up and going to figure this out once and for all and is going to really investigate this for me. Im betting next time they call me more will be approved. I'd love to get the VSG, but D Switch or some other opetion might work though.

I just sent my insurance info to Amir Moazzez M.D. and waiting for them to get back to me. The other Dr I saw was at Johns Hopkins and since Im gonna have to do the 6 month diet dealie, I need a Dr closer to me. So we'll see what he says.

I am so happy for you .
Please keep me updated on how you are doing .
I live in Ashburn so you are not that far away from me .
I am restarting my Ashburn Coffee group soon and would love to have you join us .

I am just so happy for you  ! Congratulations ..

Tink

Proud Obesity Help Bariatric Life Coach
Proud Obesity Help Support Group Leader
Fighting Daily the Disease We Call Obesity !
www.obesityhelp.com/group/LifeStartsWLS08
www.vawlsevents.com
Helping Others Find Their Way to a Life They Deserve!

SWEET Tink
on 10/25/10 5:11 pm
On October 1, 2010 at 11:11 AM Pacific Time, toobigjackcallen4 wrote:

You have PM ....

(((((( JACK )))))) 

Tink

Proud Obesity Help Bariatric Life Coach
Proud Obesity Help Support Group Leader
Fighting Daily the Disease We Call Obesity !
www.obesityhelp.com/group/LifeStartsWLS08
www.vawlsevents.com
Helping Others Find Their Way to a Life They Deserve!

Most Active
Recent Topics
Post Op 17 years
Penn5mom · 1 replies · 944 views
Anyone From RVA
jacreasy · 0 replies · 2278 views