looking for new dr in richmond, va!!!

mommy2zynkhia85
on 9/28/10 12:47 pm - Norfolk, VA
Hi everyone, I currently live in norfolk, but due to my husbands new promotion, we will be moving to richmond.  I already had my surgery date of 10.18.2010, because of the move and the 1.5 hour commute it would be to see my surgeon, i have decided to postpone my surgery until we move :(.  So my question is, Do anyone know of any good surgeons in richmond or close to there? I called one place in richmond and was told that I have to start the whole process ALL OVER AGAIN!!!! but i think its for the best......HELP PLEASE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
bjhice
on 9/28/10 1:24 pm - New Kent, VA
 Recommend Commonwealth Surgeons over at Bon Secours St. Mary's - Dr. Bautista or Dr. Hutcher, both excellent. Great nurse practioners too and excellent hospital. Good luck and welcome to Richmond.

BJ

Lifeski
on 10/5/10 12:11 pm
I don't know your cir****tances but if I had a date and had been approved I would proceed with my surgery especially if I liked my surgeon.   I live in Richmond and had my surgery a few hours away in Baltimore.  I would think a new surgeon might take some of your pre-op stuff but each surgeon seems to have their own idea of what needs to be done pre-op.  Good luck and welcome to Richmond.
Teresa
HW-293                     SW-290                    

Lauren B
on 10/9/10 12:51 pm - VA
Of course I will recommend my surgeon Dr. Maher  :)  http://www.vcu.edu/lesspainsurgery/obesity/maher.htm

I also know many happy patients of Brengman, Bautista and Schroder
http://richmond.bonsecours.com/our-services-surgical-weight- loss-our-doctors.html

369/175/136
Highest Weight/Goal/Current Weight
233lbs LOST!!
Maintenance going strong!

(deactivated member)
on 10/11/10 11:40 pm - Yorktown, VA
I traveled 3.5 hours to Duke in order to get the duodenal switch and I've had no issues with him being "so far" away. 
wibble06
on 10/17/10 12:29 pm - Richmond, VA
I too have Dr. Maher and would recommnend him. I am about to approach a year with the lap-band any have had very few issues and the ones that I have had have been mostly my fault.
I am an optimist. It does not seem too much use being anything else.
Winston Churchill

Most Active
Recent Topics
Post Op 17 years
Penn5mom · 1 replies · 944 views
Anyone From RVA
jacreasy · 0 replies · 2278 views