Gastric Bypass Surgeons in VA. Help!

bjhice
on 9/28/10 1:27 pm - New Kent, VA
 Recommend Commonwealth Surgeons at Bon Secours St. Mary's in Richmond - Dr. Hutcher or Bautista. Good luck.

BJ

prissy25
on 10/23/10 11:49 pm - Barboursville, VA
Kimberly, I had Dr Schirmer as well are they giving you a reason as to WHY they wont take you? If not  go above there heads because I know when I in the begining didnt have insurance they gave me quotes for self pay for the surgery, makes no since. Have you looked into Dr Hutcher in Richmond I think he does self-pay. He is a good Dr as well. Let me know what happeneds w/ the Schirmer  deal because I find that very interesting to here. Have you spoke to Patient advocate there ask them why you have the money you want to have the surgery why are you being denied this procedure? Best of luck Im local contact me if you need  any support we have a group that meets every month we would love to have you.
 VAFFPsLogo.jpg FFP's picture by in2lights
OH Support Group Leader - [email protected]
Believing in yourself makes it so much easier in supporting those who need your friendship, love, and support,so Believe in yourself First.
Charlottesville, Virginia VA FFP's Meet's every 4th Sat.

caroline2622
on 11/22/10 8:55 am - Woodbridge , VA
VSG on 09/30/08 with
Dr Elariny has an excellant reputation but I have heard he is expensive.  

If you are looking for a Dr with hi numbers  suggest Dr Halmi   use him at Fair Oaks Hospital
you want 1st class hospital as well    They have well trained anestisists   Super inportant for your surgery,   

I highly recommend Dr Moazzezz who is in the same office with Dr Halmi at Bluepoint Surgical
I chose him for his repuations as a general surgeon.  He is exceptional and cares for his patients.  

Good luck!

lost 140 lbs     

Extended TT 12/072009     Plastic Surgeon Mitchell Krieger                     
KimberlyHeidi
on 11/27/10 2:25 am - VA
Thanks everyone. I went with Dr E and felt I couldnt have made a better choice. While very expensive I feel he was the best for the DS and for me and worth it.
caroline2622
on 1/7/11 6:26 am - Woodbridge , VA
VSG on 09/30/08 with
Elariny has an excellant reputation as a surgeon and a bariatric surgeon.  He does more alternative WLS.   He was a driving force for VSG surgeries....     He is very expensive.   You may want to find people who actually have him as a surgeon ..  I got the impression he is a bit on the ****y side.... but that was many years ago I got that impression from people on here.  So I may not being fair.  

Bluepoint Surgical   Dr Moazzez  is my surgeon   I chose him for his general surgical reputation.  When surgical nurses advised me that if they had to choose a surgeon that Dr Mo would be their 1st choice.   I did not get that from others I asked about ... This was staff I asked at 2 hsopitals    Mr. Mo is a caring and good listener....    He did my gal bladder surgery too .. never a worry

Another important descision is the anestisist.   Reason I chose Dr Mo and Fair Oaks Hospital ..   All of the anestisists are qualified for bariatric surgeries...  We as obese people during intebations are at a higher risk....   Fair Oaks Hospital and Dr Mo were a 1st class experience.   Believe me rate the hospital too..... No way Potomac Hospital !   Fairfax Hospital is where Elariny works and they have excellant reputation as well for bariatrics too

Post experience is important too... 

Good luck !!

lost 140 lbs     

KimberlyHeidi
on 1/8/11 9:19 am - VA
Thanks for the reply. I used him as a surgeon and am thrilled I did so. I wasnt too thrilled with Fairfax Hospital but as far as Dr E. he is amazing.
caroline2622
on 1/8/11 10:28 am - Woodbridge , VA
VSG on 09/30/08 with
Wow sorry to hear you did not like Fairfax      If you need any other surgery in the future ask if he has right at Fair Oaks   I think he does.   

take care

lost 140 lbs     

Most Active
Recent Topics
Post Op 17 years
Penn5mom · 1 replies · 944 views
Anyone From RVA
jacreasy · 0 replies · 2278 views