Psychotherapists in Woodbridge area?

sperantei
on 9/20/10 5:21 pm - Lake Ridge, VA
I really need a professional to help me through this, to talk me through the decision process and support me if I do decide to go through with it. Does anyone know of a therapist who specializes in helping obese patients?  Thanks.
caroline2622
on 9/21/10 6:27 am - Woodbridge , VA
VSG on 09/30/08 with

There was a former bariatric patient &  psychologist in Lake Ridge but she is no longer taking new patients. 

I would suggest working with a nutrionist with bariatric experience.    Starting to live the experience of how to eat and drink etc can be most helpful. Give you an idea and head start to getting into the mind set.  
\
Highly suggest going to some of the area support groups..  Bluepoint surgerical group has monthly meeting at Potomac Hospital & Fair Oaks Hospital.   You can get alot of information and feedback from patients

The more you expose yourself to others and doctors offering discussions,you will get alot of good  information.  

Good luck and keep in touch

lost 140 lbs     

Extended TT 12/072009     Plastic Surgeon Mitchell Krieger                     
tammypeden
on 10/8/10 11:00 am
I attend the monthly support groups at Sentara Potomac Hospital provided by Blue Point Surgical Group. I have found this to be very helpful. There are a lot of people who attend who are either thinking about having WLS, in the process of getting ready to have it, or have had WLS. Great time to ask a lot of questions of those who are walking in the path ahead of you. Please feel free to join us. The support group is held the 1st Thursday of each month in the Hylton Education Center at 6:30 p.m. Hope to see you there.

Tammy

Most Active
Recent Topics
Post Op 17 years
Penn5mom · 1 replies · 944 views
Anyone From RVA
jacreasy · 0 replies · 2278 views