dr. elariny at fairfax/fair oaks

anninva
on 9/13/10 1:47 am - Arlington, VA
VSG on 01/10/11 with
hi all, me again!  very disappointed in arlington hospital seminar -- they've done 12 vsg!  sux.  i had canceled going to the seminar at fairfax hospital b/c it was a little far and so forth, but just called and was told that dr. elariny has done 1000+ and "invented" the surgery (somehow i don't think so!.  could anyone give me info about this doc?  obviously i'd like to know about vsg experiences, but really any info would be great!  thanks so much!

Ann             LW-Apple-Gold-Small.jpg image by PlicketyCat           

LilySlim Weight loss tickers

caroline2622
on 9/17/10 10:17 pm - Woodbridge , VA
VSG on 09/30/08 with
Hello   I had VSG with Dr Moazzez out of Fair Oaks Hospital.        I would not consider RNY and glad I did the VSG.  I feel normal with no issues.  Keep in mind that all WLS is just a tool

My fullness is in my lower tummy not up in the high chest as is with the RNY and Band

It is hard finding people to talk to with VSG  
Good luck   Keep in touch

lost 140 lbs     

Extended TT 12/072009     Plastic Surgeon Mitchell Krieger                     
megan1012
on 9/18/10 7:51 am - alexandria, VA
 Check out blue point surgical group...I dont know anything about Dr. Elariny but just has surgery wednesday with blue point..Awesome doctors...

(deactivated member)
on 9/22/10 12:54 am - Woodbridge, VA
Dr. Elariny was not my surgeon, but I know many of his patients and have met him a few times. If I decided to get a revision in the future, I would go to him in a heartbeat - you can't beat his experience, both in range (he performs all the different procedures, including DS) and quantity (I know he has done more than 1000 DSes in the past 10 years, which means more than 1000 VSGs since VSG is part of the DS, plus he also dones stand-alone VSGs, so that number is even higher).
MajorMom
on 10/5/10 12:40 am - VA
Dr Elariny truly believes he did the first stand alone VSG some 10 years ago. Maybe he did, I dunno. He still does a VSG but he now puts a band around the sleeve. You decide if you want a permanent band or an adjustable band. He has found that stand alone VSG folks regain and those with a band around the sleeve aren't as likely to regain, however some will go out of their way to beat any surgery. He doesn't make the sleeve as small as the current trend. He still makes them as he would a DS sleeve but with the band around it. His info session at Fairfax Hosp is worth attending!

--g

5'1" -- HW 195/SW 187/GW 115 July 08/CW 121 Dec 2012
                                 ******GOAL*******

Starting BMI between 35 and 40ish? 
Join us on the
Lightweights Board!
DS on Aug 9, 2007 with Dr. Hazem Elariny

bluecrab
on 10/11/10 11:02 am - MD

Hi, just wanted to say that Dr. Elariny is the BEST!   Yes, he did pioneer the VBGwith sleeve.   He knows his stuff and is truly a wonderful and very experienced Dr.    I had surgery 3 yrs ago and have not regained any of my weight.   Like mentioned, any weight loss surgery is just a "tool"., but this tool has definitely given me what it takes to feel my best and to be so healthy.    I highly recommend Dr. Elariny to anyone that is considering this type of surgery.   I can only speak from experience and now that my husband has also had this done, tell you all that it is a life saving surgery!!!  My husband is no longer on insulin and he is the happiest I have ever seen him!!!
If anyone needs any further info on this particular surgery, please feel free to connect with me.........

Most Active
Recent Topics
Post Op 17 years
Penn5mom · 1 replies · 944 views
Anyone From RVA
jacreasy · 0 replies · 2278 views