live in arlington and leaning toward vsg -- any other arlingtonians out there?!?!?

anninva
on 8/6/10 7:32 am - Arlington, VA
VSG on 01/10/11 with
hi all,

have been posting a lot on the vsg board, but thought i would check out the va site too!  hope all are having a lovely friday (15 mins to go at my office!) and that you all have fun weekend plans!

i'm wondering if there are any wls-ers in arlington/alexandrai/fairfax.  i'd love to be in touch with folks right in my part of NoVa!!!!

i'm in arlington and busy going to seminars at GW, Sibley, Fairfax, and Arlington.  Phew!!!!!!

hope to connect! 

Ann             LW-Apple-Gold-Small.jpg image by PlicketyCat           

LilySlim Weight loss tickers

MajorMom
on 8/6/10 7:49 pm - VA
Hi,
I'm in Centreville but attend a support group at Fairfax Hosp and one in Chantilly at the government center. Lots of us WLS folks in NOVA. 

--gina

5'1" -- HW 195/SW 187/GW 115 July 08/CW 121 Dec 2012
                                 ******GOAL*******

Starting BMI between 35 and 40ish? 
Join us on the
Lightweights Board!
DS on Aug 9, 2007 with Dr. Hazem Elariny

anninva
on 8/9/10 11:14 pm - Arlington, VA
VSG on 01/10/11 with
thanks gina!!  i'm thinking arlington hospital and bag fairfax b/c they do vsg at arlington and i think if i go rny i'll go with excellent program at gw.  wish there were support groups closer to me!!!  can't believe i'm the only one out here from deepest, darkest, within the beltway nova.  let's keep in touch!!! 

caroline2622
on 8/10/10 1:40 am - Woodbridge , VA
VSG on 09/30/08 with
Fair Oaks Hospital and Blue Point Group (Dr Moazzez has a 1st rate operation.   It is just not about the surgeon but the total medical staff for your surgery.  You will get the best at Fair Oaks.

I am in Woodbridge.    Good lluck and do  your reasearch by definately going to seminars. 

lost 140 lbs     

Extended TT 12/072009     Plastic Surgeon Mitchell Krieger                     
tracygirl12
on 8/12/10 12:22 pm - Arlington, VA
 Hi, I am from Arlington.  I had my surgery done by Dr. Salameh on George Mason Blvd.  He is an excellent sugeon and I've had good progress from the lap band.

SWEET Tink
on 8/16/10 3:22 pm
I live about 30 minutes from Arlington.
Be sure to PM me when you are healed up good from your surgery . I would love to have you come to one of my support group meetings .

I have them here in my home , as it is free , and I normally do them on a Saturday and do a light breakfast and coffee.
I plan on doing my next one in November . I would love to have you come .
Best to you in your surgery . As for me I had my surgery done in Richmond - Dr. Hutcher ... I had RNy .

Congrats and all the very best to you ,

Tink

Proud Obesity Help Bariatric Life Coach
Proud Obesity Help Support Group Leader
Fighting Daily the Disease We Call Obesity !
www.obesityhelp.com/group/LifeStartsWLS08
www.vawlsevents.com
Helping Others Find Their Way to a Life They Deserve!

anninva
on 8/17/10 12:03 am - Arlington, VA
VSG on 01/10/11 with
Thanks!!!  i knew there had to be some of us out there!  Tink -- will get in touch when it's DONE!!!

colo_girl
on 8/29/10 4:38 am - Arlington, VA
REALIZE Band on 06/23/10 with
HI there,

I live in Arlington too, and had the Realize band placed in June.  I went to Dr. Halmi at BluePoint group and have to say even though the location is awkard I am very pleased and highly recommend their practice.  Especially important is the follow up work.  They offer a monthly meeting to go over issues/suggestions, a weekly meeting run by a therapist, and regular follow up with the nutritionist. 

Would definitely be up to getting together sometime with other NOVA'ers the more we help each other the more we help ourselves

Steph

Cindy S.
on 9/12/10 8:04 am
RNY on 06/28/10 with
 Hi!  I'm just finding this site!  I work in Arlington, live in Vienna.  I had RNY on June 28th at Fair Oaks through Dr. Moazzez at Bluepoint.  They have support groups that meet for pre and post people.  The next one is Monday Sept 20th at Fair Oaks.  I'll be going, so if you are interested, let me know and I can meet you!  I've lost 63 lbs, and it's been the best decision of my life!
Cindy
Most Active
Recent Topics
Post Op 17 years
Penn5mom · 1 replies · 944 views
Anyone From RVA
jacreasy · 0 replies · 2278 views