Looking for new primary care physician !!!

Toobcherished
on 8/5/10 12:33 am - Henrico, VA
Hi Ladies,
I am starting a new job soon and will be also switching to a new insurance company...United Health. My old doc is good but located too far away for an easy commute and I just dont go to her as often as I should because of that.   I need to see after my health and blood work better then I have in the past .  
I am looking for a primary care physician in the West End.  
I would like to find a doctor that has experience with Gastric Bypass and the kind of follow up/extra care that we need. Can anyone here recommend someone?

Thanks a bunch!

Tanya

After you have suffered for a little while, the God of all grace, who called you to His eternal glory in Christ, will Himself perfect, confirm, strengthen and establish you.
1 Peter 5:10

~Truffles~
on 8/5/10 10:39 am - VA
 I don't know if the office takes your insurance, but my doc is WONDERFUL!!! 

Tam from this forum recommended him to me and I have not been disappointed. He is now my mother's PCP too. I had her switch to him earlier this year. She hasn't looked back!

He is quite verse in the different bariatric surgeries and from what I can tell eager to learn too! I had my surgery (DS) in NC and my care is coordinated between my PCP and my surgeon. So far, so good!

Dr. David
Richmond Primary Care
7110 Forest Ave, Suite 201
Richmond, VA 23226
(804) 288 - 3001

HTH,

Renee
"Lead me not into temptation; I can find the way myself."  ~Rita Mae Brown
bjhice
on 8/6/10 12:00 pm - New Kent, VA
 Hey Tanya:

I highly recommend Dr. Sirisha Neralla at Glen Allen Internal Medicine (part of the Bon Secours Medical group). I have been going to her for some time, actually she does all my follow-up now (I'm 3 years out). I love her and she has been really helpful in some bariatric issues that have come up for me. This is a 2 physician practice - the other is Dr. Aysha Habib; I have chatted with her on a couple of occasions and think you would probably also be ok with her. But since I am dealing medically with Dr. Neralla, she would be my recommendation. They are located at 5207 Hickory Park Drive, Suite A, Glen Allen, Va (off Nuckols Rd, about 1/2 mile off 295). Phone 612-2980. Their office staff is also great! Good luck in your doctor search, wherever it leads.

BJ

Toobcherished
on 8/6/10 1:26 pm - Henrico, VA
WOW thank you so much for both of your responses I will check both to see if they take my insurance and decide from there.  Thank you both so much

Tanya

After you have suffered for a little while, the God of all grace, who called you to His eternal glory in Christ, will Himself perfect, confirm, strengthen and establish you.
1 Peter 5:10

Most Active
Recent Topics
Post Op 17 years
Penn5mom · 1 replies · 944 views
Anyone From RVA
jacreasy · 0 replies · 2278 views