Plasic Surgery at Portsmouth Naval Hospital

1MamaG
on 7/27/10 11:11 am - Norfolk, VA

Hi everyone,   I was just wondering if anyone had plastic surgery at PNH, I paid the billing office today and was put on the waiting list. Just wondering how long it might be for the call from the OR nurse with a surgery date. Patience is not my strong suit!           LOL    Thanks for all your help. 
 Geri

Geri G

Navytown Mom
on 8/1/10 11:50 pm
Hello,

I didn't know they even did plastic surgery for post-op WLS patients. That would be awesome if they do. If you have any info on it please pass it along to me as I really need some help.

Thanks
Susan

1MamaG
on 8/2/10 1:31 am - Norfolk, VA
Hi Susan,

Yes they have plastic surgery.. I had my consult July 26th and was given the total amount of $5500.00 for TT and BL. which I paid and now I am on the waiting list. They didn't tell me how long the list was until I called the other day; it is a12 to 24 month wait.
I decided to make an appointment with Dr. Krieger in Fairfax Va.  to see what the cost and wait time would be with him. I know it will be alot more expensive but I heard he is the best plastic surgeon for weight loss patients.
Geri G

musiclov3r
on 8/25/10 2:21 pm - Fort Eustis, VA
Are you covered under Tricare?? Or another insurance?? I was wondering the same about PS there at Portsmouth. I am Military dependant and had WLS there, but wasnt sure what I was going to do about PS, and if tricare covered it and how long after wls you have to wait to have any work done??

1MamaG
on 8/30/10 6:23 am - Norfolk, VA
Tricare does not cover ps unless it is for a medical reason. PS cost a lot less at PNH then civilian but I decided to go to Dr. Kreiger in Fairfax, VA. I am a firm believer, you get what you pay for.  PNH didn't really give me a good consult , I pd for the procedures and was put on the waiting list. I would of liked to have some more info from them but since I didn't, I decided to get other consults and I am glad I did.  Hope this helps

Geri
Geri G

musiclov3r
on 8/30/10 12:43 pm - Fort Eustis, VA
Oh ok...I dont really have a medcial reason, just the hanging skin. I do have to have a hernia repaired, but I dont think that qualifies under the same surgery! So if PNH quoted you $5500...how much more is it through a civilian?? I was prob going to go with Hampton Roads Surgery Center...they are great there, I had a friend who had a TT there and her experience was great!! Thanks for sharing!! :)

nkjanes78
on 9/1/10 8:15 am - Norfolk, VA
Things like having sores or yeast infections under skin folds whether it be under boobs, belly or between the thighs constant infections make you eligible to have it covered. My surgeon said that having breasts that are asymmetrical from WLS qualifies you. Just make sure you have it documented every time it happens.

Most Active
Recent Topics
Post Op 17 years
Penn5mom · 1 replies · 944 views
Anyone From RVA
jacreasy · 0 replies · 2278 views