HELLO?? We Must be having a Great SUmmer!

wjoegreen
on 7/22/10 2:15 am - Colonial Heights, VA
Wow, I've never seen it this quiet on the ole Virginni board.

Hope folks are just doing good and just having the time of there lives as succeeding/successful post op WLS skinny/skinner people enjoying their new lease on a more active life.

I have restarted my jogging program to get back to doing some events for official times for personal record. I don't expect to win any but it was good motivation to keep training and trying to improve my first two post-ops years. 

My latest venture of HS football and basketball officiating I thought was activity enough but found myself actually gaining weight and losing my endurance I had bulti up from jogging.  I have gone back to a variation of the liver-shrinking pre-op diet to jumpstart my proper eating habits and discipline and gotten out to jog Thurs and Fri of last week and Mon - Wed of this week.

No big vacations or major events for me so far this summer other than helping our swim club build an 8 ft octogon Isreali Gaga Dodge ball pit with concrete floor and treated lumber 3 ft retaining wall.  Yep,...that whatI said too,...a gaga whhhhaaat???  But the kids love it and play it constantly.  Its certainly not a video game. 

I almost choose to attend an LDS missionary 30th yr reunion in Farmington Utah but couldn't see my way clear to spend the money or take the time off from work and football officiating scrimmages to go out there.  It would have been fun but such is life.

Party on folks!
Joe Green 
Colonial Heights VA
[email protected]
lysb
on 8/16/10 11:52 pm - Alexandria, VA
Joe  - good to see you posting, I have not been over here in months.  Are you going to run the Army ten miler?  that gaga dodge ball pit sounds interesting, i'll have to look it up and talk to our pool about putting one in.  Glad you are doing so well!  Lys

wjoegreen
on 8/17/10 1:40 am - Colonial Heights, VA
Hey!  Thanks for the shout.  Yes it has been a ghost town on the ole Virginnie Boards.
A couple of gems like Prissy's Charlottesville picnic and group meetings and a couple of newbies with very little responses.
I'm thinking a number of folks have moved on. 
The Men's and the Exercise and Fitness boards are slower than usual too. Or I'm just getting bored or something.

You doing OK?  Any new adventures or excitement  going on?

I haven't signed up for any races yet.  got about a month's worth of regular running in and had some problems the medical profession thinks is a opossible heart blockage.  I get a heart cath this Thursday (19 Aug) to see whats what and whether I work through it or have something to get fixed and start over yet again.

Worked my first HS football scrimmage of the upcoming season last Friday.  It was good to suit up and get on the field again.

Went to a 35th HS class reunion last Saturday that was fun and met some folks I haven't seen since HS.

Thanks again. Good to hear from someone.  There is life on the Board!
Joe Green 
Colonial Heights VA
[email protected]
lysb
on 8/17/10 2:14 am - Alexandria, VA
Joe - first off, i'll keep you in my prayers with the procedure this week, i'm so glad they found it and will fix it for you!  my hubby is the runner in the family, didn't realize that years of being morbidly obese would you give you an arthritic knee before 50!  my 30th hs reunion is next year.  My daughter is starting high school this year and has made the JV field hockey team so i'll be quite busy.  My job with the public schools starts up again on the 30th, so i'm keeping out of trouble!  the HS is across the street, so we'll be going to lots of football games starting in about a week or so!  It's good to see you still active on here, you ARE an inspiration! 

wjoegreen
on 8/17/10 2:46 am - Colonial Heights, VA
living across the street from the HS in Alexandria,... and being a teacher,... and having one in HS,....now that sounds like an adventure.

30th reunion next year and a new you,...hmmm,...have you got that little black dress all picked out?

Arthritic knee,...is that why you seem to smile so much????
Joe Green 
Colonial Heights VA
[email protected]
Most Active
Recent Topics
Post Op 17 years
Penn5mom · 1 replies · 944 views
Anyone From RVA
jacreasy · 0 replies · 2278 views