Update on me

caroline2622
on 7/12/10 5:32 am - Woodbridge , VA
VSG on 09/30/08 with
Well as  you may know I fell on the ice in Feb   Fracture my shoulder humerous bone and elbow.   I have been having alot of issues with my neck and back .  Fired a few doctors.   Well just had back surgery for a fractured vertebrae.  The procedure was to cement the fracture & takes @ 30 minutes but took 2 hours.  Why   I have hard bones.   Doctor told me it had to have been one heck of a fall. Had to use a mallet to get to the break.    We believe the break was associated to the fall in Feb.   Dang Doctors do not listen   They just zero''d in on the shoulder nothing else.  Blown 2 discs in my neck.    3 months of therapy

My Sleeve has done me well.  I take my calcuim and vitamin D on a daily basis. 

Any pain and back issues highly suggest Capital Spine and Pain.   I do not take narcotics.  They have been acceptant and most helpful with dealing with my pain and alternatives to major surgery.  

lost 140 lbs     

Extended TT 12/072009     Plastic Surgeon Mitchell Krieger                     
dwpersel
on 7/12/10 10:55 pm - Fredericksburg, VA
Hi Caroline,

Glad to see your posting. Sorry about all the misfortune that has befallen you. Speaking from experience, getting older sometimes sucks.

Diana

caroline2622
on 7/13/10 8:56 am - Woodbridge , VA
VSG on 09/30/08 with
You bet    !

lost 140 lbs     

wjoegreen
on 7/15/10 1:24 am - Colonial Heights, VA
Glad you found a doctor that did you some good.  Best wishes for a healthy and quicker recovery.  Back Surgery is major stuff.  My mom had back surgery for 3 vertebrae this past March for issues she has been suffering with for 3 years and no one said they could do anything.  After hooking her up with the ortho surgeon that fixed my hip, who had an ofc associate that does back specialty, she had it fixed but didn't come home until late June because of muscle imflamation and other minor related complications. She feels like a new woman she says w/o the back pain. Hope you have relief from yours.  Thx for the update.
Looking at your avatar,...you get new glasses???? 
Joe Green 
Colonial Heights VA
[email protected]
caroline2622
on 7/16/10 4:22 am - Woodbridge , VA
VSG on 09/30/08 with
Thanks Joe     Getting old Joe need glasses now  lol  

New back treatments are incredible.  When I got off the surgical table felt the pressure had gone down.   On the mend and getting better everyday.      Tens unit has helped too  I do not take narcotics.  

lost 140 lbs     

Most Active
Recent Topics
Post Op 17 years
Penn5mom · 1 replies · 944 views
Anyone From RVA
jacreasy · 0 replies · 2278 views