Dr Hazem Elariny

cpinck
on 6/11/10 2:56 am - Henderson, KY
I am thinking about going to him to get a revision from RNY to DS.  I have heard that he is VERY good.  Does anyone have any experience with him?  Also, I live in Kentucky so that is a 12 hour drive there.  He mentioned about going to his seminar.  Is that a must?  I've been to a few seminars around here already for the DS and the RNY when I had my original surgery.  With mine and my husband's job, I don't see how we can keep going back and forth to VA??
Lauren B
on 6/13/10 4:53 am - VA
If memory serves me correctly, we have a member who was his patient for the same type of revision.  Her screen name is AmpleBeauty.  I'm sure she will be glad to share with you her awesome success story!  You can probably find her in the member listing on VA Board or use the OH search function and pop her a message hello!  :)

369/175/136
Highest Weight/Goal/Current Weight
233lbs LOST!!
Maintenance going strong!

Lauren B
on 6/13/10 4:55 am - VA
I stand corrected, I just briefly read her profile and see she had the DS, but perhaps not a revision to such.  But she will have a wealth of knowledge for you!

http://www.obesityhelp.com/member/amplebeauty/

369/175/136
Highest Weight/Goal/Current Weight
233lbs LOST!!
Maintenance going strong!

Vicky1971
on 6/14/10 10:48 am
Dr elariny did my vsg and I loved him. I didnt have a revision but it my understanding that his does alot of these.
Vicky

(deactivated member)
on 6/21/10 1:08 pm - Yorktown, VA
There are quite a few Elariny DSers and some revisions on the DS board.  I'm sure they'd love to share what they know with you.  You should post there for more info.

I do know that he bills strange and that most people have to pay a hefty chunk out of pocket when they use him.  If this deters you, the DS board can offer you other revision surgeons who may be cheaper.

Good luck!
Most Active
Recent Topics
Post Op 17 years
Penn5mom · 1 replies · 944 views
Anyone From RVA
jacreasy · 0 replies · 2278 views