Looking for some information

meccap
on 6/2/10 2:14 pm
 So I am going to be looking for a new Dr. to follow up with here soon.  I really do not want to leave my current Dr.  who I think is amazing but my husband is active duty in the military and we have to move.  We are looking at the Norfolk area of VA and I was wondering if anyone could recommend a Dr. in that area.  I am really scared about a new Dr since I have such a great one right now so any help would be great.  Thank you all in advance.
gabby2010
on 6/2/10 10:44 pm - Hampton, VA
please check at Portsmouth Naval Medical Center. Their Bariatric Clinic is wonderful. The doctors are great. We have nutrition classes on the 1st and 3rd thursday of each month from 5-6 or so and is geared towards bariatric pre-op and post-op patients. And our support group is the first Thursday of the month and is at 7pm in the cafeteria. We really have a great team of people and support. If you need any help or more Information, you can call me at 757-826-4556. My name is Gabriele Bryson, my nickname is Gabby and I live in Hampton, Virginia. I will have gastric bypass on the 7th of July. Please check us out!!

DElliottMD
on 6/2/10 11:57 pm
I see you've had a Lap-Band. If you go to the Lap-Band website & type in your new zip code under "Find a Surgeon," you'll see a list of Lap-Band qualified surgeons. Look for one with the icon that represents "Accepts Out of Town Patients." Good luck!
David C. Elliott, MD, FACS, FASMBS
Bariatric Surgeon & Bariatric Medical Director
Parham Doctors' Hospital
Richmond, VA
meccap
on 6/3/10 3:10 am
 Thank you for the information.  We are still a while from moving I am just trying to get information so I am prepared.  I dont mind some traveling to see a great Dr.  I travel over an hour and a half right now.
Carla C.
on 6/7/10 3:30 am - Norfolk, VA
-Norfolk Surgical Group is amazing.  Starting at the front desk, and the entire staff.  I interviewed several surgeons before commiting to this procedure.  I chose Dr Fontana, who is also prior military.  Their -number is 757-388-6120.  They are located in the Heart Hospital at Norfolk General Hospital.  Amazing group.  We have a great support group as well as a Be-Well group that each meet once a month. 
Most Active
Recent Topics
Post Op 17 years
Penn5mom · 1 replies · 944 views
Anyone From RVA
jacreasy · 0 replies · 2278 views