Friday

msdawnie
on 5/28/10 2:53 am - Stafford, VA
RNY on 02/16/05 with
happy friday!  tgif!  stay off 95 S!!  LOL 

hey guys! just got home from dr appt.  requested to see Dr Halmi, but someone apparently screwed up and i saw Dr Tran instead.  i had never met him before.  i felt rushed.  i wasnt impressed with him at all.  i guess im just spoiled with Dr Halmi.

but......my bloodwork looks good!   my thyroid levels are ABSOLUTELY normal!  NORMAL! woo hoo!!  i was thinking i was having thyroid symptoms, but nope, they were smack dab in the middle of the range.  my iron was "OK", could be better.   when i went into Dr Halmi last year, my ferritin level was 3..today it was 16 (range 10-154) ..still not great, but not as bad as last year.  i weighed 201.7# last year when i was there in 04/09, today i was 189.9# on his scale. 

Dr Tran said i am doing well at where i am with being 5 years out.  i still know that i have a goal to get down to.  my personal goal is 175#, i am looking to be there by August 29th.  my goal of 180# by July 15th.  so, i am going to keep on plugging away at it.  Dr Tran says at this point in my weight loss, i should not be drinking protein shakes.  he said that the protein shakes are easily absorbed, but at this point i should be getting my protein mainly from foods and that getting it that way will make my body work for it more.  but, ive decided to use them in conjuction with food while im in this phase of trying to lose weight.  it helps. 

so, all in all. it was good.  he said he wants me back in 6 months.  i asked him even this far out from wls? yes, they monitor every 6 months.  its easier to spot a problem if you are in more often.  WHICH MAKES PERFECT SENSE ..look at what happened to me with my iron levels!!!!

so, i had IHOP for breakfast.  the 2 Eggs for Me  (2 eggbeaters scrambled, melted cheddar cheese on top, 2 slices turkey bacon, 1/2 slice of whole wheat toast and a couple bites canteloupe)  YUM!

have a great day!~~

-hugs-
dawn

High-291/Low-168/Goal-175/Current-184

Most Active
Recent Topics
Post Op 17 years
Penn5mom · 1 replies · 944 views
Anyone From RVA
jacreasy · 0 replies · 2278 views