Bon Secours Surgical Group!!!

SleeveRockn Chic
on 5/26/10 2:31 pm
Does anyone know anything about this group???? Anyone have surgery through them??? I was driving down the interstate the other day and saw a billboard for them and it states NO PROGRAM  FEES.  That caught my attention lol.  I have a seminar set up for tomorrow.  I was wondering if anyone had any experience good or bad with this group??? Any info would be greatly appreciated.  Thanks, Kerry  
Vabutterfly
on 5/26/10 8:46 pm - Spotsylvania, VA
Dr. Schroeder is in that group and he is wonderful!  He did not perform my RNY but he was able repair what my first surgeon did not.  He also repair two hernias.  I would highly recommend him. 

Good luck!
Beth 
SleeveRockn Chic
on 5/28/10 5:15 am
 TYVM:)  I went to the seminar yesterday. I didn't see the Doctor you were speaking of. The doctors with that group are David Spencer, Glen Moore, Gregory Adams, and Elizabeth Salzberg.  Take care, Kerry
kmd523
on 5/27/10 3:50 am
 Hey Kerry! i went through Bon Secour, and wouldn't have changed anything about my experience. my surgeon was Dr. Glen Moore and he is awesome. He and the entire staff @ Tidewater Surgical made sure i knew what do expect before, during, and after surgery. The nurses at Maryview were great too and made sure i had everything i needed while i was in post-op...
SleeveRockn Chic
on 5/28/10 5:22 am
 TY for responding. I choose Dr. Gregory Adams for my initial consult.  Dr. Moore is in Suffolk so that was kinda far since I am in Va. Beach.  I'm glad you had a positive experience with the group.  I'm hoping to get the lap band done but I will find out what the Dr. thinks when I go for my initial consult on June 3.  Take care, Kerry 
(deactivated member)
on 5/27/10 12:32 pm - Yorktown, VA
They don't perform all 4 WLS procedures, so if you're looking for an unbiased opinion on each you won't get it there.  Do your own research.
SleeveRockn Chic
on 5/28/10 5:25 am
 Thanks for responding.  I want to get the lap band and that is what they perform along with the reg. gastric.    Yeah they weren't very favorable of the duodenal which they said was an older surgery that wans't performed by many doctors anymore.  I def. have been researching this forever I just hope I can finally get it done. I need this tool to get my life back. Tske Care, Kerry
angel85
on 5/28/10 3:05 am - Norfolk, VA
VSG on 05/09/12
I am using Norfolk Surgical Group which you do have to pay a program fee but the hospital is one of the best in the country. One of the big factors that pushed me towards them was the importance they make about long term support and the education that you recieve prior to your surgery. They make you fully aware and capable of the fact that this is a "tool" and you are the one that has to make it work for you. Yes, the $495 program fee made me sick to my stomach when I was writing it but, I have seen in the VSG forum where some program fees are $2,000! I spent a lot of time researching all of my options in my area before I decided on them.
SleeveRockn Chic
on 5/28/10 5:20 am
 I had went to Norfolk Surgical Group for their seminar.  I attended Bon Secours seminar yesterday and it was even more thorough than I found Norfolk Surgical Group.  Bon Secour also sets you up with 6 personal trainer sessions through in motion which I think u pay for out of pocket.  My husband went to in motion for something different and it was covered by insurance.  Either way that is only 120 so its much better than paying the 500+.  Have you had your surgery yet.  I am leaning towards lap band but I have my initial consult June 3.  Take care, Kerry
(deactivated member)
on 7/15/10 4:43 pm
I am going to the Bon Secours Surgical Group seminar this coming Wednesday.  I think Dr. Oz is one of the board members for Bon Secours, just some trivia.  I am soooo looking forward to it.  I want this surgery more then anything.. ANYTHING!  LOL.
Most Active
Recent Topics
Post Op 17 years
Penn5mom · 1 replies · 944 views
Anyone From RVA
jacreasy · 0 replies · 2278 views