Eating habits

masmith
on 5/23/10 7:57 am
Hi everyone,

This is my first post on the website and I need a little advise. I have the lapband and it's going on a year. I have only lost 40 pounds, I am having trouble losing more weight and changing my eating habits. Can anyone give me some advice on how to change my eating habits?

Thank you
beth sharp
on 5/23/10 10:31 am

Hello.. I know there are many on this board with better advice than I can give.. being that I had gastric bypass and went off track badly... but 2 months ago i decided to pull my head out and make this work.. i had this surgery for a reason... i was the biggest grazer ever.. i would eat until i felt full... and not eat slowly for my brain to register my pouch is full... id eat junk food   chips crackers drink diet soda.. fill my plate like i would before my surgery.. and eat until i felt full.. even though i never could finish my plate.. but i still  filled my plate up...  so i understand about bad eating habits...    you just have to want it bad enough.. you have to WANT it to work.. you had lapband for a reason...      my heaviest weight at surgery was 254.... i got down to 180  and gave up... slowly it went up to 208.... but within the last 2 months  im back down to 178.. and counting...     you can do this..    you just have to make healthy food choices... weigh your food... 3 small meals... protein drinks or if you get enough in your meal... have fruit or vegi as snacks...  every 2 to 3 hours you can eat.. and if you drink lots of water... or crystal light... it keeps you feeling full.... and if you can excerise then do so.. it helps you sooo much.. it also helps me not want to cheat myself.. if im working out....

good luck.. and keep us posted... this board works miracles  for me...

Beth

masmith
on 5/23/10 11:35 am
Thank you Beth. I think I will use this board more often. I think it will help as well.

Thank you,

Maria
Ms Court
on 5/24/10 2:38 am - Remington, VA
There are definitely not a lot of lap banders around this board but no matter what your surgery it is a major effort on your part to get in the right things.  You may want to check out the lap band board to see if they can help you some there.

Courtney  305/155/150/225 high/goal/low/current 
**The devil has put a penalty on all things we enjoy in life.  Either we suffer in health or we suffer in soul or we get fat...Albert Einstein ** 

caroline2622
on 5/26/10 9:36 am - Woodbridge , VA
VSG on 09/30/08 with

WLS is a tool and can be overriden.  We all struggle with our eating habits.   Suggest attending support groups or hook up with other WLS patients.   In the end we make or break our own loss of weight.    You may want to get involved with a nutrionist.   

Its a life change.   

I am a Vertical Sleeve patient and I too struggle.  No surgery alone is an easy solution.   

good luck and keep in touch 

lost 140 lbs     

Extended TT 12/072009     Plastic Surgeon Mitchell Krieger                     
Most Active
Recent Topics
Post Op 17 years
Penn5mom · 1 replies · 944 views
Anyone From RVA
jacreasy · 0 replies · 2278 views