HELLO ALL!

Lauren B
on 5/16/10 4:03 am, edited 5/16/10 4:30 am - VA
In light of discussion with a fellow WLS'er, I have logged back on OH!  :)

#1 - First off - this site has changed!  I can't even upload a new avatar or photos.  E-GADS.  I hope it's a temporary glitch and not me.  :)

#2 - AGAIN, I'm a broken record - my apologies for being "off the grid"

#3 - One of my goals this year was to be here to support future patients.  I admit, OH was a HUGE contributor to my success and the friends I made here are precious to me.  I admittedly lost touch, and am very sorry about that.  I will try better...

This is what I propose...  I will TRY to start posting and blogging again...but as MANY of you know...this new life gets in the way.  Please feel free to contact me at [email protected] should you need assistance, advice or just want to hear about the trials and success of WLS.  I'm MORE than willing to help, I just have a personal struggle with FOCUS.

#4 - I'm divorced now.  HOORAY!  I know that this news is sad, given my reason for having surgery...TO HAVE A BABY...but simply, babies don't fix bad relationships.  I made a choice and March 2009 I asked my ex-hubs to leave.  The divorce was final 348 days later...a VERY LONG year for sure.  He still struggles with my decision and this saddens me, but I had to do it for my happiness.  There is a LONG, LONG story behind this and I will work on a blog to reflect such, for information purposes.  I want to have it known that WLS did NOT end my marriage, but it certainly contributed to it.  If any of you are struggling with the after effects of surgery and your confused loved ones, PLEASE, PLEASE contact me.  I'm not the best counselor but can certainly share my story and the ways I have dealt with my ex-hubs, Mom and Dad.  :)  It's been a difficult process for sure.  I have alot of people in my life who very verbally state that they miss "Fat Lauren".  That's a quote from my mom when she CRIED to me on Easter.  How sad.  I held her and told her I love her and that I am healthy again.  I hope one day, EVERYONE can be happy with my choice to change my life and regain my life through weight reduction.

#5 - My stats.  Surgery date December 10, 2007.  I'm 2.5 years out.  I have lost 233lbs!  My starting weight was 369lbs, a TIGHT size 34 and size 5x top.  I have stabilized at my lowest weight of 136lbs.  Just wow.  Now, truth be told, depending on water retention and salty food choices (bad) I fluxuate between 136lbs and 142lbs on a regular basis.  I wear a size 6/8 pant depending on fit and a S/M top dependant on fit.  I have NOT had plastics...YET...I plan on it, but finances just don't allow.  I "hide" my excess skin flaws, with good clothing choices.  :)  I am healthy and loving life.  I'm very proud of myself.

#6 - I will try this week to catch up with you all and meet the new VA Board Members and when the (hopeful) OH picture glitch stops, will add new photos.  :)  I can't wait for you all to see the NEW HAPPY ME.  :)  I look completely different.  I have a new short hairdo.  The long locks are GONE.  And you all know what a security blanket that was for me.  One of my online aliases is "curlygirlysassy".  I trully am that now.

HUGS and MUCH LOVE to my old WLS friends and new ones to come.

Lauren

369/175/136
Highest Weight/Goal/Current Weight
233lbs LOST!!
Maintenance going strong!

dwpersel
on 5/16/10 11:37 pm, edited 5/16/10 11:38 pm - Fredericksburg, VA
Welcome back Lauren! I've missed you! I'm glad to hear you are doing well and look forward to running across you one of these days. �Feel free to look at my profile where I have posted more recent pix. I've lost another 20 pounds since the photos were taken.

Diana

Most Active
Recent Topics
Post Op 17 years
Penn5mom · 1 replies · 944 views
Anyone From RVA
jacreasy · 0 replies · 2278 views