LOOKING FOR SURGEON.... IM A MILITARY SPOUSE!

gabby2010
on 6/3/10 11:26 am - Hampton, VA
I am going to have surgery at Portsmouth on the 7th of july. I really think you should be ashamed of yourself for talking about Dr. Barker that way. Everyone of those doctors at Portsmouth are great. If you go to the Support group meetings, Dr. Barker is usually the doctor there for questions. Alot of people I talked to were disgusted by your comment. There are never any guarentees with this surgery, but you were given a chance to change your life and look at what you are doing. I think you owe everyone an apology, especially Dr. Barker.

nkjanes78
on 6/1/10 4:43 am - Norfolk, VA
Barker is still there, Mcphee is the best. He did my surgery on March 10 of this year and I feel GREAT!!! I use to come to all the support groups there but once you I had surgery I felt like I out grew them. They focus alot on the pre op stuff and the nutrition, not that is not important because it is but the information is the same. I am looking for another support group, do you know of any?
jlippbc
on 7/30/10 11:53 am - Woodbridge, VA
RNY on 07/01/10 with
I had surgery on July 1, 2010. Dr. Halmi did my lap. RNY and was amazing! I have Tricare Prime. I requested Dr. Halmi because I knew three other women who had the surgery completed by Dr. Halmi and all did extremely well. Good luck. You won't regret choosing Dr. Halmi. 
SweetLuvableAngel
on 9/21/10 12:46 pm
I don't feel the need to apologize to anyone especially not Dr. Barker. I am currently 97 lbs. and he won't do a thing to help me. I eat and eat and just can't stop losing weight. He was great for the actual surgery but his aftercare and bedside manner are not good. This is MY opinion and I'm entitled to it. I make no apologies. I didn't say I regretted my surgery. It probably saved my life but now I'm dying the opposite way which isn't much better. Sorry if the truth hurts.

Jamie
Starting wt./surgery wt/current/goal
251/239/105/130
I gained 10 lbs.! Wooohooo!

Most Active
Recent Topics
Post Op 17 years
Penn5mom · 1 replies · 944 views
Anyone From RVA
jacreasy · 0 replies · 2278 views