Has anyone had revision surgery with Bluepoinit?

Road Less Travelled
on 8/11/10 1:03 pm
VSG on 12/13/10 with
Mary -- how did your revision process going? 

Dr Mo wants to do 2 for mine -- I am having an endoskopy next week -- still pushing for one surgery

is Halmi doing your revision? what did he say?
Mary B.
on 8/11/10 11:55 pm - Southern, MD
Hi Donna!

I decided to go with Dr. Averbach at St. Agnes to do my revision. Dr. Halmi really wasnt pleased with my desire for a revision and wanted me to try diet pills. After throwing up for a week and going back for an unfill I was told by the PA that taking liquid out of the band was defeating the pupose. Ummm, I was barely keeping down yogurt!

I have no hard feelings toward Dr Halmi, even though Dr. Tran did my actual surgery. I could have worked on him a little harder, but I didnt want to feel like I had to talk someone into doing surgery. I was already feeling defeated walking in to discuss revision, so that didnt help any. I would still recommend people to him...just wouldnt recommend the band so much.

Anyway...I am having the RNY done on the 25th and Im SO excited.

So, Dr. Mo wants to remove the band...heal...then do the revision? I do see that alot especially if there is alot of scar tissue. I discussed this with Dr. Averbach and he said it was unlikely that I would need two surgeries, so Im keeping my fingers crossed.

Let me know how the endoscopy goes...Keep your chin up!

Banded Feb 23, 2009 / Revision to RNY Aug 25, 2010

Melissa N.
on 9/21/10 3:13 am - Stafford, VA
Hi Mary,

I hope your revision went well.  Private Message me please!!

Thanks,
Melissa

415/375/180/175
highest/surgery day/current/ goal

Most Active
Recent Topics
Post Op 17 years
Penn5mom · 1 replies · 944 views
Anyone From RVA
jacreasy · 0 replies · 2278 views