Wednesday On Track Check In

Ms Court
on 4/13/10 11:40 pm - Remington, VA
Good Morning all!  Had a normal, event free day yesterday and it was nice.  Only at work half a day today as I have an afternoon Dr. appt. to follow up on some issues.  Hopefully I can get some answers.  Plan to enjoy the good weather when I get home, a walk with the dog, bike ride or both.  :)

Yesterday's results:
protein drink - 0 (need to hit the store)
a.m. cuppas - in
B - oatmeal (heart healthy serving size); actually ended up with half a bagel w/cream cheese, my monthly treat with my bff
S - fruit; actually had other half of the bagel
L - 5 oz pork chop, salad; actually had burrito bowl from chipotle, less rice, more lettuce & chicken, less sour cream
S - 100 calorie pack popcorn; actually had none
D - grilled chicken & veggies; actually had 5 oz baked chicken, topped with some shredded cheese and mixed veggies

Plans for today:
no protein drink
cuppas in
B - mini bagel with cream cheese & banana
S - 6 pk, whole grain peant butter crackers
L - salad and 1/2 pbj
S - granola bar
D - not sure yet

Have a great one!

Courtney  305/155/150/225 high/goal/low/current 
**The devil has put a penalty on all things we enjoy in life.  Either we suffer in health or we suffer in soul or we get fat...Albert Einstein ** 

beth sharp
on 4/14/10 1:32 am
good morning Court

hello everyone.. today seems more relaxing then my busy day yesterday... biggest event for me today is going to the gym this morning when the baby wakes from his nap... then again when hubby gets home.. i have to wait till 4 pm to go back because thats when the daycare opens up again today at the gym...   then tonight im going to the fredericksburg meeting that jackie and sue put together.. im so looking forward to going back to those...  im proud of myself im actually sticking with this...  today i lost another half a pound..     i wowed myself today when i tried on some pants that were extremely to tight for me.... ive been wearing a size 13.. and normally i buy the stretchy pants.. lol  but this pair wasnt stretchy and i slid them right on... with no trouble... and i thought id try on my stretchy size 10 levi  pants... and they fit perfect.... : )))  so its working....

i may have a dumb question.. i understand when your dieting etc.. everyone says drink 8 glasses of water..  i guess to make you feel full... but is that the reason we should drink so much water? or is there another reason?    i have a jug that is 75 oz i fill it up in the morning and by dinner its finished.. so im getting my fluids i just wondered if theres another reason besides just making us feel full

todays food schedule

vitamins in  and a cup of mojo...

b  oatmeal.. 100 calories 4g of protein
s   protein drink   26g of protein.. 130 calories
L   left overs from dinner...    will  be a salad with chicken  green onions  ( i made chicken taco salad)   instead of dressing ill add alittle taco sauce
s   my daily protein drink  26g of protein  130 calories
d   chicken and vegis

have a wonderful day.. and anyone in stafford or fredericksburg i hope to see you at the meeting tonight...

Beth
Lifeski
on 4/14/10 3:15 am, edited 4/14/10 3:15 am
I�have read that protein is hard on the kidneys so the large volume of liquids helps flush the kidneys.� I�suppose helping to feel full works too.
Teresa
HW-293                     SW-290                    

Lifeski
on 4/14/10 3:25 am
Let me see if I can keep up with this daily. Had my surgery last week on Tuesday. Thought I had made a horrible mistake for 4 days then suddenly things began to look up. I can honestly say nothing has ever felt better than the shower hubby helped me take last Saturday. Now one week out I am allowed to have mushies which I see as a challenge to see how much flavor I can pack into the 2 ounces of food I can eat at a time. I have discovered that I can not stomach protein shakes at all right now so am trying to get as much natural protein in as possible. I feel great and went off of all pain meds last Saturday. We had to spend a week in MD because the surgeon wanted us close until I had the jp drain removed and recovering in a hotel had it's good and bad sides. We had a suite so we had plenty of room but it is always hard to be sick away from home. The good was that all hubby and I had to concentrate on was taking care of me. I was so happy to get home and sleep in my bed since I could not sleep laying down while I had the drain in. All is well and I am so happy that it is over and I am down 15 lbs.
Teresa
HW-293                     SW-290                    

beth sharp
on 4/14/10 4:32 am
Congradulations on your decision to have the surgery.. most of us probably went through.. why did i do this to myself... i know i did.. but as you said things are looking up and they will only get better..  it was tough for me to get the protein down too... because it seemed like so much liquid at one time and it didnt taste good.. but it gets easier..    keep coming back here for help or ideas on food... there are many ideas of foods you can eat during your pureed stage... and again congradulations...

Beth
Ms Court
on 4/14/10 10:14 pm - Remington, VA
Congrats Teresa!!!  Glad to hear you are doing well this week.

A side note for the protein, a lot of people become lactose intolerant after surgery, if you are only trying milk based drinks, either try it with some soy milk, or get some that you can mix with water.

Best wishes on your journey.

Courtney  305/155/150/225 high/goal/low/current 
**The devil has put a penalty on all things we enjoy in life.  Either we suffer in health or we suffer in soul or we get fat...Albert Einstein ** 

msdawnie
on 4/14/10 7:46 am - Stafford, VA
RNY on 02/16/05 with
hi all!  well, to tell you the truth..im stuck!! i knew it was going to happen, but was hoping i would go a month before it did.  i had an emotional binge last night...i did make the chicken parmesan as planned and it was DELICIOUS but i couldnt stop eating, everything i saw went in my mouth..and needless to say, i felt like crap.  but im fessing up and moving on.  i AM on track with everything today...ive had over 120 ounces of water today, i got my protein by food in and a huge salad with grilled chicken for lunch.  i am very gassy today lol ..hopefully everything i ate will move on through and i'll see a loss.  i am still at 191# 

here is my thoughts on the emotional eating:  i have a daughter turning 19 tomorrow, i have a 17 year old daughter who was just diagnosed with Hypothyroid yesterday and i am stressing over my hubby leaving for the middle east ...no excuses but thats my thoughts on that.

hope all is doing well, keep up the great work, take care and drink drink drink!

-hugs-
dawn

High-291/Low-168/Goal-175/Current-184

beth sharp
on 4/14/10 7:40 pm
dawn

it happens to all of us.. last sunday we were cleaning out the garage and my husband kept saying how good ive been doing when all i wanted to do is snack on those lime tostito chips in the pantry.. salt is my weakness....  and i did without him knowing id come in and take a hand ful.. felt like crap for eating em but i kept doing it... as i chewed i told myself ill do better tomorrow... and i did....     then i ate jelly beans that evening knowing id dump and feel sicker than a dog... but i ate em....       i did better then next day and dropped a pound...    

dawn your doing awesome...  i guess at times we need a day like that once in awhile...  keep up the great work....

Beth
Most Active
Recent Topics
Post Op 17 years
Penn5mom · 1 replies · 944 views
Anyone From RVA
jacreasy · 0 replies · 2279 views