memories

beth sharp
on 4/9/10 4:12 am

I log onto this site daily.. and read posts.. and Ive noticed many people i use to chat with on here on no longer on here.. i guess they are to far out from their surgery now and coping well with it.. and no longer need this board.. unlike myself    but i was wondering what happened to Tigger... anyone remember her? im sure you do Court.. you were here when i was back in 06... and she was just getting married...   back then we posted for so many different reasons..  and new members would come on and talk about their up coming surgeries.. thats when i started coming on.. before my surgery..  i remember Amber also... so many of them i no longer see here...   was just curious... what happened to everyone..    sad to see them gone.. but on a good note.. they must be doing fine with their gastric bypass..  : ))

have a good day...

Beth
cpatters
on 4/9/10 8:38 am - Rockingham County, VA
I check on here often, but rarely post. I really need a place to check in.. I am struggling with my weight and need the support....  
cathy

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Matthew 6:33

Seek ye first the kingdom of God

beth sharp
on 4/9/10 10:14 am
hi Cathy..

you should post whatever is on your mind.. thats what were all here for.. it helps so much to know theres others out there going through the same thing.. and we are... or we wouldnt be here : )   im struggling myself with weight.. i had the surgery but after several months just let it go and in the back of my mind i guess i decided to let the surgery do the work for me.. ive learned the hard way...   i am the one who has to do the work.. what i had done was a tool.... ive been at the same weight for 3 years... on a good note.. i didnt put the weight back on.. but  i should be alot smaller.. and healthier.. and thats what im working on now...     you can do it... just put your mind to it... and when you stumble... dont give up... start fresh with the new day.... 

best wishes...  hope to chat with ya on here...

Beth
Tam
on 4/9/10 12:07 pm - Richmond, VA
Hi Beth.  I am on the road posting as I drive back home from vacation...well, OK...my daddy is driving right now so I can get a rest and check out the net.  Gotta love mobile broadband!  I left for a while because of two specific people on here.  These people caused a great deal of drama in my personal life and I needed to step away.  Now I have decided that they will NOT keep me away from getting and giving support.  As for Tigger and Amber...I am friends with both of them on Facebook!  Both seem to be doing well from what I can see.  If you are on FB...add me if you would like.  Tammy Clifton or [email protected].  I only use that e mail for FB stuff.

Tammy C

down 260+ pounds and loving life more than ever!!!
proud  mom to Kara 12-08-1994 and our newest addition Claire Makenna born 03-26-09 weighing 6 lbs 13 ounces and 19.25 inches long and very healthy.  happily dating...i honestly never knew it could be this good!  there is that special Guy for everyone out there...either you already have him or you will find him when He is ready for it! 

open RNY 04-25-2005

Life could not get any better than this!

Ms Court
on 4/12/10 10:29 pm - Remington, VA
Cathy,

We do try to do a back on track post every day.  Join us and help as there are several of us trying to get back on track or stay on track.

Courtney  305/155/150/225 high/goal/low/current 
**The devil has put a penalty on all things we enjoy in life.  Either we suffer in health or we suffer in soul or we get fat...Albert Einstein ** 

caroline2622
on 4/11/10 7:27 am - Woodbridge , VA
VSG on 09/30/08 with
Beth        I know I have been discouraged.  A few cannot keep this going ... Everyone needs to participate.   We all cannot be sit by the wayside.   

I have moved on to other things and only are on occasionally. 

lost 140 lbs     

Extended TT 12/072009     Plastic Surgeon Mitchell Krieger                     
dlo2
on 4/12/10 7:56 am - Brandenburg, KY

I used to be on here all the time, but then everyone seem to leave.  I try to leave the drama alone and help when I can.  I know the board has been extremely helpful to me throughout my journey.  Maybe we can get it going again.
Debbie

beth sharp
on 4/12/10 10:56 am
Hi Debbie

glad to see you on here.. keep posting.. how are you doing with weight loss? i see you had your surgery less than a year ago.. hope to chat with you on here...

Beth
Ms Court
on 4/12/10 10:31 pm - Remington, VA
Beth & others,

There was some strife onthe board & also with OH itself.  I waws never really sure what the details of the issues were with either but I know a lot of the "grads" we had then were restricted from OH & others decided to leave because of everything.

It is a sad situation and definitely very hard to use the board for supprt when so few participate.  I hope that you continue to participate as it helps me a lot.

Courtney  305/155/150/225 high/goal/low/current 
**The devil has put a penalty on all things we enjoy in life.  Either we suffer in health or we suffer in soul or we get fat...Albert Einstein ** 

Lisa W.
on 4/13/10 6:49 am - Charles Town, WV
RNY on 08/21/07 with
Many of us are still here...but, mostly in "lurker" mode.  I don't post here because I was basically told via several PM's that my complications were not conducive to helping newbies feel comfortable with the decisions that they were making in having surgeries.
So, I don't post because I'm still having severe complications and I wouldn't want to deter anyone from making this decision...it's still the BEST decision I ever made for myself and I would STILL do it again in a second.

:-)
Lisa W.
RNY 8/21/07
Starting weight 348
Current weight  188
Super Momma to:
Aidan 2/14/02 and
Aimee 2/06/04
First Post-op baby due 9/10!
Most Active
Recent Topics
Post Op 17 years