Wednesday back on track check in

Ms Court
on 4/6/10 10:41 pm - Remington, VA
Yesterday was okay.  Did get a lot of cleaning done & even took a nap.  Enjoyed a nice family dinner then it all went down hill from there.  2 teenage girls who are pmsing, one had splinters in her foot & what looks like poison ivy all over her face, the other still suffering with her toothache and major allergy issues, so we had attitudes last night, hubby was grumpy from being in the heat all day.  We ended up in bed late, didn't sleep well, running late this a.m. and forgot my laptop at home.  Not looking good for today.  Oh well, just keep plugging though.

a.m. cuppas & protein in
B - hard boiled egg & strawberries
S - crackers
L - egg salad sandwich, chips & banana
S - popcorn?
D - pork chops & veggies

Courtney  305/155/150/225 high/goal/low/current 
**The devil has put a penalty on all things we enjoy in life.  Either we suffer in health or we suffer in soul or we get fat...Albert Einstein ** 

rduck8
on 4/6/10 11:16 pm
RNY on 03/17/09 with
It must have been in the air over night, my 13 year old was upset because she had major atttitude because I would not let her friend spend the night. If she would have cleaned like I told her our cleaning person is sick then she could have spent the night. Today its off to the movies, and the same tomorrow.
I have been so tired lately, cant quite understand why, will make an appointment with my doctor to see whats up.
B - 1/2 bagel
dont know about the rest of the day.
Blair Maury
on 4/7/10 5:38 am - Portsmouth, VA
Hi Court--

I realize I don't post here very often anymore, but I pop by sometimes and it looks like this is one of the only subjects that gets discussed here lately.

Before I type anymore, I don't want to have what I type be mistunderstood (I am being supportive in typing this).

My question is: why are you doing this?

I assume you are trying to focus yourself on healthier eating and maybe get back a little of the creep that occured from being a way out of surgery. You've been at it for a couple of months. Any improvement? Just curious. Weight up or down?

Now, couple of things I see that may help you (and maybe others who are struggling). Maybe you should post this after-the-fact and look back on the prior day. I see a lot of days where you list meals as not sure or no idea looking forward. I doubt that does you (or the lurkers) any good. Maybe it would be better to look at what you ate afterward.

One thing I never get  from these is the portions you are eating. How many crackers? What types? (there is a big difference). What sized pork chop (and how was it prepared? fried? baked?)? What types of veggies and portion size?

I say this because I am not struggling with food, but I know many are. I am to the point where I pretty well whenever I am hungry and I eat a lot. I just never eat anything bad anymore. I can go through a dozen bananas a day now. Of course, I do offset it with insane levels of activity.

I mention what I said because when I came here I got steered in the right direction and I really admire what youy are doing. I'd like to see you get more out of your efforts though.

I had weight loss surgery. I did it the easy way.
Ms Court
on 4/7/10 8:49 am - Remington, VA
Thanks very much for the post Blair!  Yep my crazy post is about the only one that is talked about anymore unfortunately.  Some really good points here from you though.

Yes I am doing this to work on a bit of the creep upwards.  I have had some success, down a few lbs and staying there but not as well as I like.  A big part of that for me is exercise, I don't get a whole lot in and did a lot better when I did.  I also don't get anywhere near the amount of fluids I need which has always beena problem for me since day 1, I am just not a big drinker.  I will say that seeing it in writing for me has made a bit of a difference as I see what I am doing.  Although as you say more detail with portions & such would make it better.  Will see what I can do to shake it up a bit and help myself more.

Thanks so much for the suggestions & support!

Courtney  305/155/150/225 high/goal/low/current 
**The devil has put a penalty on all things we enjoy in life.  Either we suffer in health or we suffer in soul or we get fat...Albert Einstein ** 

msdawnie
on 4/7/10 11:39 am, edited 4/7/10 11:47 am - Stafford, VA
RNY on 02/16/05 with
hi all-

checking in again..i worked two 12 hour shifts for the past two days, so havent had a chance to get online to post until now

im still on track!!  :)

here is what my day looked like:

24oz Cofee made w/Splenda and small amt of Half/Half  , then started water for the day

B- Fiber One Bar and Small Banana
S- Apple Cinnamon Nutri-Grain Bar
L- 2oz Grilled Chicken Breast and 1/2 cup Steamed Veggies
D- 3oz Tuna on Whole Grain Sandwich Thins
S- Small Apple and 10 Whole Grain Crackers
S- 4oz Activia Yogurt

ive managed to maintain drinking 90-120 ounces of Water each day, having Protein Shakes daily to every other day and getting my vitamins
Today is Day 10 of "Back on Track" for me and i am down 7.5#!  :)

hope all is well and that everyone has a great night, i will post again in the morning since im off work tomorrow

-hugs-
dawn

High-291/Low-168/Goal-175/Current-184

beth sharp
on 4/7/10 9:31 am
hi all..

blair.. you had some good points.. i use to live on this site.. but then let months go by without even checking in.. i recently started coming back when  the light came on that ive not been doing what i should of been doing..  
court...  i hope your night is going much better then the night before... a new day...

today i took the kids to kings dominion since their out for spring break.. a 8 yr old.. a 11 yr old  my daugthers friend and my 1 yr old..  oh boy  was it busy.. but i made sure to make lunch instead of buying something there so we all had to hike out to the car and grab the ice chest..  as for staying on track.. i did..  i had a salad at mcdonalds on the way home i wouldnt normally have because it has foods i dont put in mine... but in the end... it was a salad.

today i did not go to the gym... i hate it.. i like going 5 to 6 days a week..  so tomorrow ill go instead...

vitamins in..
B  Oatmeal
S  Protein drink
L  turkey sandwich and a 3/4 of a orange
S  Skipped  due to still at the park 
D salad from mcd's  : )

have a awesome evening and now its time to relax... the sun and walking for 6 hours wore me out... lol

BETH
Most Active
Recent Topics
Post Op 17 years
Penn5mom · 1 replies · 944 views
Anyone From RVA
jacreasy · 0 replies · 2279 views