Surgeon in Northern Virginia

Legacylc
on 3/22/10 1:33 pm - Fairfax, VA
Good evening I was wondering if anyone could suggest a wonderful surgeon in the northern virginia area. I will be going to my first seminar this weekend, and I have been doing research..

Thanks and good luck to all!!!! 
Ms Court
on 3/23/10 12:30 am - Remington, VA
Dr. Moazzez & Dr. Anez are two of the main ones in our area.  I personally chose Dr. Anez and have been very happy with my experience.  I believe both Dr.'s offer seminars so if you can go to both.

Courtney  305/155/150/225 high/goal/low/current 
**The devil has put a penalty on all things we enjoy in life.  Either we suffer in health or we suffer in soul or we get fat...Albert Einstein ** 

(deactivated member)
on 3/23/10 12:37 am - Yorktown, VA
Dr. Elariny is in NOVA (can't remember exactly where) and he does all 4 procedures, so I think he's a great place to start for unbiased information on the band, RNY, DS and VSG.

Good luck!
(deactivated member)
on 3/23/10 1:27 am - Fredericksburg, VA
RNY on 02/22/06 with
Drs Halmi and Tran from Blue Point Surgical in Woodbridge - they are wonderful surgeons and have a great follow up program!

Jackie
beth sharp
on 3/23/10 11:51 pm
jackie..

wow its been along time since ive chatted or seen you at one of the meetings...   im glad to see your still on here.. every time i think of getting  back on track i think of you.. but  im on track now and have a awesome reason  for  it....  to love my self.   ive had a baby since ive seen you but lost all the weight within a week of having him.. i only put on 24 pounds during the pregnancy  but im  weighing the same as i did before i got pregnant..  im back at the gym.. and reallllllly trying to stop grazing.. thats what kept me from losing more weight..  dr halmi had me have a upper GI  to check to see if my pouch stretched .. and it hasnt.. so im doing it this time and your meetings would really help.... when are they?  i need to start coming back to them

have a wonderful day..

Beth
(deactivated member)
on 3/23/10 11:54 pm - Fredericksburg, VA
RNY on 02/22/06 with

BETH!! I have often wondered what happened to you as we stopped seeing you!!

Send me your email address in a PM and you can get notices of our meetings - they are held every second Wednesday in the Free Lance Star building in Fredericksburg....

A baby? How wonderful!!!

We will look forward to seeing you soin!!

Jackie

Legacylc
on 3/29/10 12:49 am - Fairfax, VA
 I went to the fairfax hospital / bluepoint seminar this past weekend. I enjoyed the extra information and I am scheduling an appointment to meet with Dr. Halmi. I am on hold as I am typing this and am getting kind of annoyed with being on hold for ten minutes to schedule an appointment. Is this a sign or what?
vagirl00
on 3/23/10 2:31 am
RNY on 09/19/07 with

I second Jackie's suggestion:  Bluepoint Surgical Group (Drs. Halmi and Tran).  They have offices in Northern Virginia and just opened one in Stafford.  They are a Center of Excellence. 

Best of luck!  :)

Cindy   Beach    

5'9"   347/200/186/180

The best and most beautiful things in the world cannot be seen or even touched. They must be felt with the heart.

....Helen Keller

beth sharp
on 3/23/10 11:46 pm
i agree with Jackie..  I used Dr halmi and Dr Tran.. they are both awesome and so caring..   I had a wonderful experience during my gastric bypass      Id refer anyone to them,.  best of luck  : )
caroline2622
on 3/25/10 9:25 pm - Woodbridge , VA
VSG on 09/30/08 with

I chose Dr Moazzezz with Bluepoint Surgical and Fair Oaks Hospital     Did my rearch and found out Dr Mo has a stellar reputation as a general and bariatric surgeon.  In talking to medical staff and doctors  - most common comment.  "If i need a surgeon he would be my pic."   His after care has been great.   Like a doctor who listens and see me'   

I chose Fair Oaks for their exceptional Bariatric , Nutrionist and Anesestisis care.    Intebation with obese patients is critial ...Fair Oaks Anestisist are all trained to handle bariatric patients .. 
I will never use Potomac Hospital- have been done bad there .   Go out of your way to get the best    This is a life time change and only a tool      Keep a support system ...my fellow brothers and sisters here keep me inspired.

Dr Halmi and Dr Tran have excellant reputations 

Do you research go to support meetings  and chat with others patients.    

Keep in touch and welcome to the VA Forum .... welcome to PM me with questions

lost 140 lbs     

Extended TT 12/072009     Plastic Surgeon Mitchell Krieger                     
Most Active
Recent Topics
Post Op 17 years
Penn5mom · 1 replies · 944 views
Anyone From RVA
jacreasy · 0 replies · 2278 views