I need menu

Ken Currin
on 3/21/10 11:55 am, edited 3/21/10 11:56 am - South Hill, VA
I have got to get back on track eating right. Now that I am well over 17 months post op, I am finding that I can just about eat anything. Which is not good. I liked it better when I had immediate reactions and was sticking to the right stuff.

I find myself eating fast food, but I don't call it fast food, would order the GRILLED chicken combo, then the occassional hamburger combo.

I just wished I had a menu and that is what I ate. I want to eat breakfast but never know what to eat. Lunch is always a restruant, not sure what to eat anymore.

Weight has been stuck, which is ok, but wi**** was stuck about 20 pounds lighter.
Ms Court
on 3/21/10 11:17 pm - Remington, VA
Getting Back on Track can be hard but we have the tool, we just have to use it.  I struggle with it too and mainly cause I give in to my cravings.  There are definitely things you can do though.  Increased water will help keep the full sensation in your belly.  Increase your exercise too.  Focus on the protein, fruits & veggies, not the carbs

Breakfast ideas:
oatmeal (put in nuts & fruit to make it more satisfying)
eggs & lean meats (turkey bacon, etc.)
protein drinks or bars

Lunch ideas:
find a good deli, get sandwiches on whole grain breads, light mayo or only a little bit of mayo if you need it

griled meats are good, no fries, get the side salad or fruit options, take of one part of the bun
get salads with meats, chili, etc.

or make your meals on Sundays and put them in a container for leftovers

Snack ideas:
cheese sticks, veggies (like carrots, celery, peppers, cucumbers) fruits

Set your mind to it, you can do it.

Courtney  305/155/150/225 high/goal/low/current 
**The devil has put a penalty on all things we enjoy in life.  Either we suffer in health or we suffer in soul or we get fat...Albert Einstein ** 

caroline2622
on 3/22/10 9:14 am - Woodbridge , VA
VSG on 09/30/08 with
Courtney    Great ideas!     dinners left overs are usually my lunch.    

what is a fry lolololol 

I do admit to eating a plain peta chip with hummus on occasion.  

I only eat one thin slice of bread if I do have a sandwich.... rarely    have found some as low as 13 grams per serving..  Dang even whole wheat bread average 25+++ pre servings  

Hope more suggestions come in ... I know I need reminders of good eats...   Thanks !!!

lost 140 lbs     

Extended TT 12/072009     Plastic Surgeon Mitchell Krieger                     
caroline2622
on 3/22/10 9:08 am - Woodbridge , VA
VSG on 09/30/08 with
Ken   We all have our moments.  you are not alone.   I am not the perfect person to be give you solid advice but will try. 

Do you have any samples from your nutrionist?   I know I had sample well balance meals.  

Low carbs  -  high protien   and increase your fluids. 

Sample lunch may be a meat   with 2 veggies or substitute with one fruit.   You have to cut out the breads/white flours ...... carbs per days should be not more than ??? 30 -35    That means eating the burger and not the bun.     and no no combos    Combos mean drinks with sugar or carbonation(sodium) and fries    Just the burger without the meat....... 

carbs and sugars do make me hungry... white bread is the kiss of hungry!!  Not to mention the fill you up and not filling your brain....  

Eat grilled not fried    .... watch some of the grilled stuff too... they are saturated in sodium..... 

When buying meats at the store .... yes fresh meats   look a the sodium contents as well.   You would be surprised that they are injected with as high as 500 to 600 mgs of liquid sodium.  
What your lunch processed meats they are super high in sodium too.....  

When eating out I ask that the sauses be put on the side..... wow the calores!!!!   they can add 100s of calories to a meal....   

Increase your protien drinks.... they can get boring but boy they do help curb my appetite. 

There is a small booklet that counts carb/calories and the best part is that it has calories of the restaurant foods.... Scared the crap out of me.  It makes you think when ordering what you are really getting.... check the book stores for it....

You have done so well ... If necessary contact a nutrionist ... Feel for your brother

lost 140 lbs     

Extended TT 12/072009     Plastic Surgeon Mitchell Krieger                     
Ken Currin
on 3/22/10 9:34 am - South Hill, VA
Thanks for the input. As for a nutritionist, I have never seen one, except pre-op to qualify for the surgery.

When I eat the combos, I always get unsweat tea! I still do not drink the carbinated drinks. I keep a ziplock bag full of Splenda in my pocket since a lot fo the places I go do not carry Splenda.

I think I did ok today, we will see how tomorrow goes.
Tam
on 3/22/10 11:14 pm - Richmond, VA
Are you drinking when you eat?  Remember...according to OUR surgeon's guidelines you should stop drinking at least 30 minutes prior to eating and do not drink anything for 45 mintues after you eat.  Reasoning...it washes the food out of your pouch leaving you feeling hungry again/  It is hard, but can be done.  I never thought I would get used to it but here I am almost 5 years post op and I still eat/drink that way. 

I strongly advise taking the time to pack lunches/snacks instead of fast food.  There is NOTHING healthy served in a fast food resturant.  Even the salads are loaded with yucky stuff.  Leftovers are usually my lunch of choice or a sandwich made on the thin bread or a wrap. 

I do wish you luck...getting back on track is a hard thing to do...we are ALL here for you!

Will you be at RIR for the spring race?  I am excited for another season to be underway!

Tammy C

down 260+ pounds and loving life more than ever!!!
proud  mom to Kara 12-08-1994 and our newest addition Claire Makenna born 03-26-09 weighing 6 lbs 13 ounces and 19.25 inches long and very healthy.  happily dating...i honestly never knew it could be this good!  there is that special Guy for everyone out there...either you already have him or you will find him when He is ready for it! 

open RNY 04-25-2005

Life could not get any better than this!

Ken Currin
on 3/23/10 12:32 pm - South Hill, VA
On March 23, 2010 at 6:14 AM Pacific Time, Tam wrote:
Are you drinking when you eat?  Remember...according to OUR surgeon's guidelines you should stop drinking at least 30 minutes prior to eating and do not drink anything for 45 mintues after you eat.  Reasoning...it washes the food out of your pouch leaving you feeling hungry again/  It is hard, but can be done.  I never thought I would get used to it but here I am almost 5 years post op and I still eat/drink that way. 

I strongly advise taking the time to pack lunches/snacks instead of fast food.  There is NOTHING healthy served in a fast food resturant.  Even the salads are loaded with yucky stuff.  Leftovers are usually my lunch of choice or a sandwich made on the thin bread or a wrap. 

I do wish you luck...getting back on track is a hard thing to do...we are ALL here for you!

Will you be at RIR for the spring race?  I am excited for another season to be underway!
I will be at RIR for both races. I will be headed up on Thrusday and leaving on Sunday. I look forward to it each year. We will be hauling folks around on the golf carts again this year.
Ms Court
on 3/23/10 12:28 am - Remington, VA
Check at Walmart, Target or the grocery store for the Splenda tablet container.  Small, about the size of a tic tac container & they have splenda tablets in them.  This is what I use instead of carrying the bulky ziploc bag.  :)

Courtney  305/155/150/225 high/goal/low/current 
**The devil has put a penalty on all things we enjoy in life.  Either we suffer in health or we suffer in soul or we get fat...Albert Einstein ** 

Most Active
Recent Topics
Post Op 17 years
Penn5mom · 1 replies · 944 views
Anyone From RVA
jacreasy · 0 replies · 2278 views