1 Week Post-op

hotred1
on 3/15/10 7:39 am - Chesterfield, VA
Hey everybody sorry for the delay, I've been really trying to learn this lap-band thing.  I'm still on liquid's until the end of this week and it's driving me crazy.  I must say I am soooo hungry and I have to confess that today when I had my cream soup (Clam Chowder) which I love so much...I ate the small bits of clams and a couple of the potato's that I chew chew chewed and chewed some more.  I tolerated the soup well but I don't want to pu**** I'm not suppose to start on my mushies until next week. Geezz oh man!
Please let me know what did your surgeon suggest for your week 2 post-op diet and how you guys dealt with it.

caroline2622
on 3/15/10 8:01 am - Woodbridge , VA
VSG on 09/30/08 with
I hear you .    Just be careful when testing dense items ..... My bander friend had a harder time with heaver meats....  moistening with gravies or broths helps too.  

I did not care for mushies /pureed and I just chewed chewed and chewed my food.   Just be careful.  

Week one before seeing the doctor I took fine silvers of cheese and melted in my mouth.

Good luck and keep in touch    Congratulations on being on the way to the loosers bench!

lost 140 lbs     

Extended TT 12/072009     Plastic Surgeon Mitchell Krieger                     
hotred1
on 3/15/10 8:20 am - Chesterfield, VA
I'm seriously hoping that this week 2 goes by quickly so I can get to the mushies. I have stocked piled my freezer with cup fulls of different meals I've made over the last past 3 weeks for when I can eat again.  I already proportioned them and plan to use them as my lunch or dinner when the time comes.
caroline2622
on 3/15/10 8:25 am - Woodbridge , VA
VSG on 09/30/08 with
lol sounds like you have this well planned.    Keep in touch.   Reminder for all of us is good.  

You will do great!

lost 140 lbs     

(deactivated member)
on 3/15/10 8:58 am - Fredericksburg, VA
RNY on 02/22/06 with
Not trying to be a kill joy here, but your stomach is still healing after surgery and although you feel fine it has not healed yet - so that is why they put you on a liquid or very mushy light diet. And you need to be a little careful of dense protein right now too......

I was on mushy food fairly soon after surgery and found it tough - because everything I liquidized tasted like dog food to me (not that I have eaten dog food lol) so I tried to chew it until it was pulp and as mushy as it could be before I swallowed it...

The first couple of weeks is rough but it does get better..and of course it will get even better once they fill your band but that is not usually for a few weeks after surgery to make sure your stomach is healed.....

Right now you need to do what YOUR surgeon or nutritionist said to do because each surgeon seems to have his own set of rules

It does get easier I promise!

Jackie
caroline2622
on 3/16/10 8:28 am - Woodbridge , VA
VSG on 09/30/08 with
Good points   Thank you Jackie   Hello  Long time no see.  Trust all is well

lost 140 lbs     

Ms Court
on 3/16/10 11:49 pm - Remington, VA
Congrats & welcome to the loser bench.  The foods will get better, just make sure to follow directions & take it easy on that new pouch.

Courtney  305/155/150/225 high/goal/low/current 
**The devil has put a penalty on all things we enjoy in life.  Either we suffer in health or we suffer in soul or we get fat...Albert Einstein ** 

Most Active
Recent Topics
Post Op 17 years
Penn5mom · 1 replies · 944 views
Anyone From RVA
jacreasy · 0 replies · 2278 views