sentara careplex hospital

staceycarse
on 3/9/10 9:17 pm
Has anyone had surgery at Sentara Careplex in Hampton Va.  If so, what was your experience.  Looking for any positives or negatives about this hospital.  I'm scheduled for RNY there on March 23rd and would appreciate some feedback.  Also, important things to bring to hospital.  Thanks.

kiradot
on 3/19/10 4:07 am
I had the same surgeon as you at this hospital!  The hospital has a great bariatric wing, some of the nurses were not very attentive but otherwise it was good.  You really don't need much...some stretchy clothes to wear home, chapstick (lips get super dry), maybe a magazine (lots of people say they are out of it, but I really wasn't  and I was bored there all day by myself)...literally everything else you will need they provide.  Good Luck!

Amanda 5'10"  346/316/158/175 (start/surgery day/current/tentative goal)

Somewhere inside me, there is a fat girl just dying to get back out. I mostly just try to keep her subdued with sugar free pudding, but she's not amused.

staceycarse
on 3/19/10 4:24 am
Thanks for the info.  I'm very nervous/excited.  I'm used to unattentive nurses with my 3 c-sections, so if that's the only complaint, I think I can deal.  It's amazing how much weight you have lost in a year.  You look amazing.  I still can't wrap my mind around it....that I may lose 100 pounds.  It's been impossible for so long, that I still don't think it can happen.  Wish me luck on Tuesday.  Thanks.
Stacey

kiradot
on 3/19/10 4:55 am
I absolutely will!  Please feel free to message me at any time after surgery if you would like :)

Amanda 5'10"  346/316/158/175 (start/surgery day/current/tentative goal)

Somewhere inside me, there is a fat girl just dying to get back out. I mostly just try to keep her subdued with sugar free pudding, but she's not amused.

Most Active
Recent Topics
Post Op 17 years
Penn5mom · 1 replies · 944 views
Anyone From RVA
jacreasy · 0 replies · 2278 views