FINALLY APPROVED AFTER 2 YEARS!!!!!!

staceycarse
on 3/8/10 6:10 am

I began this journey in March of 08'.  I have Tricare Prime insurance and got my referrals and started a bariatric program in NH.  After six months in the program, I found out I was denied for surgery.  The surgeon filed an appeal and was denied again.  Then we moved back to VA in July of 09' and I started the process all over again.  Started one program and found out Tricare made them do things that others did not.  I found a new program and started in January of this year.  My paperwork was submitted last Wednesday and I found out first thing this morning that Tricare approved me.  This is truly the greatest day of my life.  I now see the light at the end of the tunnel.  For anyone out there who has been denied, I just have to say to keep on trying.  Be persistent.  My surgery is scheduled for March 23rd.  That will be the first day of the rest of my life.  I used to post on the NH message boards but now that I'm back in VA I thought I'd start posting here.  I've been reading the VA message boards for a few months, but never felt the need to share until today.  I can't believe we almost decided to pay out of pocket and now everything will be covered.  So overjoyed.  So ecstatic.  Thanks for letting me share.

Tam
on 3/8/10 6:26 am - Richmond, VA
CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!  I am looking forward to moving on over on the losers bench to make room for you!  I, too was originally denied.  Several years later I was in a different situation and tried again and was approved within days and now almost five years later I have lost 264 lbs, had a beautiful baby girl and have lost all the baby weight I gained and am healthier than ever.  I am hoping to have my first round of plastics by the end of this year!  Getting my finances in order before I even get my hopes up!

Tammy C

down 260+ pounds and loving life more than ever!!!
proud  mom to Kara 12-08-1994 and our newest addition Claire Makenna born 03-26-09 weighing 6 lbs 13 ounces and 19.25 inches long and very healthy.  happily dating...i honestly never knew it could be this good!  there is that special Guy for everyone out there...either you already have him or you will find him when He is ready for it! 

open RNY 04-25-2005

Life could not get any better than this!

tommygirl
on 3/8/10 9:02 pm
I havent been here for awhile, but would like to say congratulations on your upcoming surgery.
I had my surgery done 2 years ago with Dr. Clark from Hampton roads. I have moved over on the losers bench for you to join me. Looking forward for many many more post of your weight loss.
Toomygirl
Ms Court
on 3/8/10 10:11 pm - Remington, VA
Congratulations!  It is a journey & everyone goes through different things, seems like your's is on its way!

Courtney  305/155/150/225 high/goal/low/current 
**The devil has put a penalty on all things we enjoy in life.  Either we suffer in health or we suffer in soul or we get fat...Albert Einstein ** 

Lifeski
on 3/8/10 11:00 pm
Congrats!  When I got my approval I am sure my neighbors thought I had won the Publishers Clearinghouse sweepstakes. Good luck!
Teresa
HW-293                     SW-290                    

Lynn415
on 3/10/10 2:56 am - Chantilly, VA
Good for you!  That persistence will help you after surgery, too, when you run into the occassional stall that we all experience.  Best of luck and keep posting so we know how you're doing!
Surgery 4/15/09 - 294 lb.
At goal   2/15/10 - 160 lb.
Currently:  ... and for the rest of my life:  Figuring out maintenance.
Most Active
Recent Topics
Post Op 17 years
Penn5mom · 1 replies · 944 views
Anyone From RVA
jacreasy · 0 replies · 2278 views