its been awhile

Biker33
on 3/7/10 4:55 am - Partlow , VA
Okay so I have not posted here in awhile,  I had my RNY on 04-06-09 almost a year ago and feel I have been doing really well.  I have lost 90 pounds but I am now stuck.  My goal is to get to 145 and I hve been sitting at 157 for awhile.  I have also not been drinking my protein shakes like should.  However I make sure all my foods are high in protein.  Lastly I have been really bad by not going to my Doctors due to I just dont have the money.  I do make sure I take all m vitamins but it worries me.

Any suggestions on how to loose this last 12 pounds.

thanks

Pat F.
on 3/7/10 9:17 am - Richmond, VA
Up your water and get the protein shakes in and you should see a difference. Also increase your excercise.

Ms Court
on 3/7/10 10:48 pm - Remington, VA
Good to see you again!  Congrats on your success so far!  The best way to assist in losing more is to shake it up.  Make sure you are getting in enough calories, up your protein, water & exercise.  Wish you the best in the rest of your journey.

Courtney  305/155/150/225 high/goal/low/current 
**The devil has put a penalty on all things we enjoy in life.  Either we suffer in health or we suffer in soul or we get fat...Albert Einstein ** 

Tam
on 3/8/10 12:02 am - Richmond, VA
Welcome back and absolutely shake things up.  Also, the last 10-15 pounds are the hardest to get off for most post ops.  Where the bulk of the weight just comes off quickly the last bit you usually have to work hard for.  Protein shakes are really for life as far as I am concerned.  I am almost 5 years post op and I still drink 3-4 shakes every day.  Vitamins are also for life as we don't fully absorb anything anymore.  And for the exercise change up your routine frequently so you don't get bored and so you work every muscle group.

Tammy C

down 260+ pounds and loving life more than ever!!!
proud  mom to Kara 12-08-1994 and our newest addition Claire Makenna born 03-26-09 weighing 6 lbs 13 ounces and 19.25 inches long and very healthy.  happily dating...i honestly never knew it could be this good!  there is that special Guy for everyone out there...either you already have him or you will find him when He is ready for it! 

open RNY 04-25-2005

Life could not get any better than this!

(deactivated member)
on 3/8/10 5:05 am - Yorktown, VA
I'm assuming you can't afford to go to the doc because you're without insurance right now?  I'd call my PCP and explain this and see if they have lower fees for self-pay patients (some do).  You could also call around.  You really need to get your lab work done regularly to make sure that you're not deficient in anything, your protein levels are good, etc.  You don't have to pay up front, but can make small monthly payments if needed.

Good luck!
Most Active
Recent Topics
Post Op 17 years
Penn5mom · 1 replies · 944 views
Anyone From RVA
jacreasy · 0 replies · 2278 views