Looking for VSG surgeon in VA

lann08
on 2/18/10 7:48 pm - VA
I had surgery in Baltimore, MD. My sister is looking for a surgeon to perform her VSG. She lives in VA. Any great surgeon someone can suggest? Would be great if they were in the Richmond, VA area. Thanks!
(deactivated member)
on 2/19/10 9:11 am - Yorktown, VA
Dr. Elariny in NOVA does it, but he bills funky and may cost her more than another surgeon.  Dr. Sudan is at Duke in Durham, NC which is only about 1.5 to 2 hours from Richmond.  He does the DS, so I assume he can do the VSG.  (DS has a VSG stomach.)  Why can't she travel to MD?
shelliebean
on 2/19/10 9:20 am - Vienna, VA
Dr. Eric Pinnar in Reston does the sleeve. Although Reston isn't super-close to Richmond, there isn't constant follow-up required after a sleeve like there is with a band, so that shouldn't be much of a problem.
caroline2622
on 2/19/10 9:22 pm - Woodbridge , VA
VSG on 09/30/08 with
I chose Dr Moazzez for his history as a great general surgeon.   Spoke to numerous surgical nurses and the most common comment was if they needed surgery he was the one they would use. Dr Mo is a truly caring person as well.   

I also chose Fair Oak Hospital for their superior WLS program..   Their anestisists are all trained in Bariatric intebations.  The nursing staff is the best.  

Have your sister contact the local hospital and ask to talk with some the the VSG'ers.    Perhaps go to some support groups.    Still think local is best.

Good luck and feel free to contact me    Am available for a phone call too

lost 140 lbs     

Extended TT 12/072009     Plastic Surgeon Mitchell Krieger                     
vdix04
on 3/3/10 5:56 am
I had a VBG with VSG with Dr. Elairny in Northern Va, and I have no complaints at all.  There were some out of pocket costs with the band since insurance doesn't cover it, and they also bill you up front for the program fee post surgery whi*****ludes doctor's visits-but insurance might cover these and reimburse patients.  I used my flex spending money to cover the out of pocket costs.  Like what another poster said I had my surgery at Fair Oaks and am sooo happy that I did. Fairfax INVOA is just too big of a hospital and do not provide private rooms for biartic patients.  Good luck with your search.

Most Active
Recent Topics
Post Op 17 years
Penn5mom · 1 replies · 944 views
Anyone From RVA
jacreasy · 0 replies · 2278 views