NEED SOME ADVICE HELP!!!!!!

imagoony
on 2/16/10 4:09 am - Gloucester, VA

Hello I came across this website and thought id give it a try.I had gastric bypass 4 weeks ago and I cannot keep anything down,I have not ate in 4 days and i cannot stomach the protein drinks. went to gastroenterologist today and have to go back in hospital next tuesday for an endoscopy. Is this normal? I have lost 26 pounds but cant enjoy it because i am so miserable ANY ADVICE

CKatGo
on 2/16/10 7:17 am - VA
I am so sorry that you feel so bad. I am almost 3 months out and still have to be very careful about what I eat - my pouch can be grouchy. About 4 weeks out from my surgery I couldn't eat because food and drinks hurt my stomach. I ended up having two endoscopies because I had a stricture. Things were much better after the first one and even better after the second. Please don't let yourself get dehydrated like I did. That was truly miserable.   I think after your endoscopy you are going to feel better. I had a hard time finding a protein drink that I could swallow without shuddering. Like others on this website have mentioned, my taste changed after surgery. I didn't like the protein that Walmart, GNC or Sam's Club sold anymore so ended up buying protein online from Unjury and Bariatriceating.com. I use the unflavored Unjury  which is smelly but once it is mixed with coffee or cocoa I don't smell it and I can't taste it at all. I drink the Believe drinks and the new chocolate smoothie from bariatriceating.com. The smoothie is a little thick but tasty and has 35 grams of protein! . By the way, I used to live in the Belroi area of Gloucester and was in Gloucester yesterday visiting family.
For God did not give us a spirit of timidity, but a spirit of power, love and self-discipline. 2 Tim 1:7
MerMer
on 2/16/10 9:15 am
I hope you feel better soon. I am 8 months out and I still have problems eating, but its getting better. I have an appt. to get an endocopy done.

Ms Court
on 2/16/10 9:10 pm - Remington, VA
I am glad to hear you have an endoscopy schedule as I immediately thought stricture when you described what you are going through.  Please make sure to keep drinking as much fluids as you can so that you don't get dehydrated.  Keep trying to find a protein supplement you can handle in order to get nutrients in.  You many want to try and get an earlier appointment for the endoscopy so that you are not waiting so long, not being able to eat/drink.  Stick your foods in the blender and puree it if you can can, keep trying to get stuff in.  Keep us updated.

Courtney  305/155/150/225 high/goal/low/current 
**The devil has put a penalty on all things we enjoy in life.  Either we suffer in health or we suffer in soul or we get fat...Albert Einstein ** 

prissy25
on 2/16/10 9:53 pm - Barboursville, VA
Hello and congrats on your new life. Yes I had the same issues I dropped 74 pounds dramatically and was put back in and had to have a feeding tube placed for the first 3 months. Had no explanations to the issues other than a very sensitive gag reflex. I became dehydrated and all my lipid pannels were out of wack so it was for the best. Wasnt pleasant but the weightloss was to rapid and not good. Hope  they get this figured out for you soon. It will all work out for you. 
 VAFFPsLogo.jpg FFP's picture by in2lights
OH Support Group Leader - [email protected]
Believing in yourself makes it so much easier in supporting those who need your friendship, love, and support,so Believe in yourself First.
Charlottesville, Virginia VA FFP's Meet's every 4th Sat.

Most Active
Recent Topics
Post Op 17 years
Penn5mom · 1 replies · 944 views
Anyone From RVA
jacreasy · 0 replies · 2278 views