Yipee There's Going to be a Party in Charlottesville VA

prissy25
on 2/11/10 12:53 am, edited 2/11/10 8:30 pm - Barboursville, VA
This is how the story goes: 2005 I was 410 pounds and spent 8 days in UVA 3 of those days in a coma my family being told I was going to die from carbon dioxide poisoning from sleep apnea and my organs were all shutting down due to this as well as lungs and heart being crushed from my fat. the power of prayer worked as I came out of the coma all along I had been fighting for Gastric Bypass for 4 years unable to get due to having NO INSURANCE, and in the state of VA your not deemed disabled unless your 65 or damn near death well I was. I was released mid August and soon after received Medicaid seen Dr Schirmer in September again and to my surprise he got all my tests and things moving very quickly due to my serious situation (because at my release I was told Melinda if you don't loose the weight you will be dead in 6 months) So you know the stress and pressure myself and family had on us so soon after loosing my father in June and a very close friend in February. I was scared to death. During this period let me say I was on oxygen 24/7 in a wheel chair couldn't drive barley left my home because I couldn't breath I was lucky to get from one room to the other in my home. I was truly a prisoner in my own home. The only outside contact I had was this computer and OH. The reason I'm posting this long story is for all the NEWBIES as well as those of you out there who are still struggling with your weight no mater the issues, there are so MANY positives from this TOOL!!!! Any way back to the story. I seen Dr Schirmer again on Sept. 27Th and as he was going through his date book he says to me I had a cancellation for Monday mind ya that's 3 days away, I was like HELL yeah it came out before I knew what I said he just laughed. They started they paper work sent me on my way to the good ole bowel prep blood work, registration, and I headed to the groc store. And off to my last meal. My surgery an new birthday happened on Halloween 2005 410 I now 2010 194 pounds. In between I have had a panni, breast revision and arms done and now healing from my tummy tuck and they gave me my belly button back I could go on an on. But I will also say, I have had several test EXCLUDING after I ask for numerous times a endoscopy for a hernia that they said I didn't have! Though my plastic surgeon suspect maybe. And sure enough after I borrowed money for the surgery once she got in she found one behind (hidden) my breast bone the same place that I had been complaining about entwined in fatty tissue an bowel which I was gonna cancel this surgery and had I done so and it would have erupted could have caused death. SO please listen to your body's and MAKE your Dr's do these tests... There is hope so keep the fight going and dont give up on yourselves. I still have more to go and I will be the first to tell you I NEVER thought Id ever go under 200 well Im sitting here telling you I am and hope to weigh this afternoon because the 6 pounds they removed were from last week, so curious to see what the scale might say today at my follow-up appointment. Theres going to be a party in Charlottesville......
 VAFFPsLogo.jpg FFP's picture by in2lights
OH Support Group Leader - [email protected]
Believing in yourself makes it so much easier in supporting those who need your friendship, love, and support,so Believe in yourself First.
Charlottesville, Virginia VA FFP's Meet's every 4th Sat.

wjoegreen
on 2/11/10 3:03 am - Colonial Heights, VA
So you are our closest version of the bionic woman??

I am glad you survived to bear witness of your experiences and reward for overcoming all of the difficult situations you have faced to be the new beauty you are today.

I hope all the awesome WOW moments continue for you.
Party on,..... you wild and crazy girlie girl!!!!
Joe Green 
Colonial Heights VA
[email protected]
prissy25
on 2/11/10 6:57 am - Barboursville, VA
Thanks Joe that's just a saying I always said  when I hit 199 there would be a party lol Im not wild a lil crazy that about it despite the rumors you may have heard.  I just speak the truth and whats on my mind at times that might ot be appropriate to some but hats me.  And Im very happy from where I have came I was a very miserable person in 05. At least now i have some life.
Believing in yourself makes it so much easier in supporting those who need your friendship, love, and support,so Believe in yourself First.

tommygirl
on 2/11/10 7:09 am

I never read your story about weight loss but girl you sure went through alot to have this done. God has given you a testimony that should be shared with everyone those losing weight and those who dont. You are a an inspiriation to me and I enjoy reading your post. I had my surgery done coming up on 2 years. I havent had any plastics done yet i have to think about that. I need to have the arms done and I will have to save for that surgery. Well you go have that party you are well over due for one. Blessings to you!!!!
Tomygirl Betty

prissy25
on 2/11/10 7:18 pm - Barboursville, VA
Thanks Betty I wouldn't have  been able to do the plastics I have done without my provider using  surgeryloans.com they have been a true blessing as well so you might want to look into them if  you are ready and my surgeon is great it also will help you find surgeons in your location who use them so you can do consults with. Yes my journey has been a tough one that's why I wont and refuse to I've up on myself and others. I believe in the tool despite a gain or not I know i works if we work it. 

Ms Court
on 2/15/10 7:09 am - Remington, VA
Congratulations Melinda!!!!  You have gone through a lot and been through a lot to get where you are today!  Party up girl, you deseve it!!!!!!

Courtney  305/155/150/225 high/goal/low/current 
**The devil has put a penalty on all things we enjoy in life.  Either we suffer in health or we suffer in soul or we get fat...Albert Einstein ** 

KimberlyHeidi
on 9/22/10 5:24 am - VA
 Congrats! I am in Charlottesville too and searching for a surgeon. I have been hoping for a long time now that Dr Schirmer would accept patients without insurance, but he still doesnt =(
prissy25
on 9/24/10 11:15 pm - Barboursville, VA
Well sorry it has taken me so long to reply. But wanted to invite you to our support group which meets once a month for those who have had surgery or not. Your welcome to join us we meet today at Raqazi's on RT 29 Ill be there at 11:30 there will only be a few of us today but your welcome to join us and chat w/ those who have had surgery and get tips to help you out. And I can chat w/ you as well. Hang in there.

Most Active
Recent Topics
Post Op 17 years
Penn5mom · 1 replies · 944 views
Anyone From RVA
jacreasy · 0 replies · 2278 views