Travelling 3 weeks after surgery - Need advice

LillieGracesMom
on 2/3/10 11:04 am
Hi, I'm scheduled to have my surgery on 3/4/10 and will be travelling by plane to Chicago from Virginia three weeks after surgery.  My doc. has already approved the trip, granted I get up and walk around and do leg exercises to prevent clots.  My question is, what food will I be able to eat at the airport?  For example, what if my flight is delayed for hours and I am stuck at the airport and get hungry.  Someone suggested I bring baby food along in my carry-on, but I wonder would I be allowed to bring that since I'm not travelling with a baby and I know that the airlines are strict about what you can and can't bring on a flight.  Any advice would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks a lot,
Heather
P.S. I posted this on the Realize board, too, but figured I'd get more feedback if I posted this on several boards.  Thanks!

LillieGracesMom
on 2/3/10 11:10 am
Forgot to mention that I'm having the Realize band surgery.

Ms Court
on 2/3/10 10:38 pm - Remington, VA
Protein would be a good thing.  The vials always travel well.

Courtney  305/155/150/225 high/goal/low/current 
**The devil has put a penalty on all things we enjoy in life.  Either we suffer in health or we suffer in soul or we get fat...Albert Einstein ** 

vagirl00
on 2/3/10 11:53 pm
RNY on 09/19/07 with
There are so many restrictions these days as to what we can take with us on flights -- my suggestion is to talk to your surgeon's nutritionist and see what he/she suggests based on the time frame after surgery, taking into account the restriction on liquids, etc.  I wish I could be more help -- there are just so many variables because of all of the security restrictions. 

Congrats on the upcoming surgery!  :)
Cindy   Beach    

5'9"   347/200/186/180

The best and most beautiful things in the world cannot be seen or even touched. They must be felt with the heart.

....Helen Keller

(deactivated member)
on 2/7/10 12:54 pm, edited 2/7/10 12:55 pm - Fredericksburg, VA
RNY on 02/22/06 with
Cindy is right - there are just so many restrictions that  my suggestion would be protein powder and a note from your doctor staing that you need to carry these things. Your nutritionist should also be able to help you on this...

Jackie
Most Active
Recent Topics
Post Op 17 years
Penn5mom · 1 replies · 944 views
Anyone From RVA
jacreasy · 0 replies · 2278 views