Fair Oaks experience?

CandaceHasCurves
on 1/30/10 6:55 am - Alexandria, VA
 Hey!

I will be having my surgery at Fair Oaks and just want to hear from others who've had their surgery there--how did it go? Anything to look forward to? Anything to be sure and ask about/pay attention to while there?

Thanks!!
Candace
caroline2622
on 1/30/10 12:19 pm - Woodbridge , VA
VSG on 09/30/08 with
I think the most important point is that you will have a top notch surgical team.   FO has a super anesesist team and nursing staff.  

Congratualtions on your day !  You are in good hands

lost 140 lbs     

Extended TT 12/072009     Plastic Surgeon Mitchell Krieger                     
Lynn415
on 1/30/10 12:51 pm - Chantilly, VA
Yes... Fair Oaks was wonderful.  The doctors and nurses... even the cleaning lady who would come in every day made a point of not just saying hello but asking if she could do anything for me!  Very impressive team there.  You'll be in good hands.
Surgery 4/15/09 - 294 lb.
At goal   2/15/10 - 160 lb.
Currently:  ... and for the rest of my life:  Figuring out maintenance.
CandaceHasCurves
on 1/30/10 11:48 pm - Alexandria, VA
 Thanks Ladies!

What insurance did/do you have? I have Aetna and I'm just worried that I might get an anesthesiologist (sp?) who is out of network and end up with a giant bill, you know?

Did you experience any problems like that?

Thanks!
C
Lynn415
on 1/31/10 10:59 am - Chantilly, VA
I had Carefirst BCBS.  I would certainly ask your doctor that question but I think they try to be sure they pick the right ones for the right insurance.  I had a problem like that for a surgery several years ago (unrelated to weight loss) where the insurance tried to deny the anesthesiologist because he was "out of network".  I called and complained that I had not made that choice... it was out of my control and then suddenly it was covered.  Ask in advance, though, just to be sure.

Surgery 4/15/09 - 294 lb.
At goal   2/15/10 - 160 lb.
Currently:  ... and for the rest of my life:  Figuring out maintenance.
Ms Court
on 1/31/10 9:20 pm - Remington, VA
My experience 4 years ago was pretty good considering they were in the middle of the consturction of the bariatric wing.  I didn't care for the night staff but again I give the some slack since there was construction etc.

Courtney  305/155/150/225 high/goal/low/current 
**The devil has put a penalty on all things we enjoy in life.  Either we suffer in health or we suffer in soul or we get fat...Albert Einstein ** 

CandaceHasCurves
on 1/31/10 10:20 pm - Alexandria, VA
 what was up with the night staff? Slow to respond? General attitude? 
Ms Court
on 2/1/10 8:54 pm - Remington, VA
Pretty much but again that was 4 years ago & during construction.  It really wasn't a big issue just one that I noted.  :)

Courtney  305/155/150/225 high/goal/low/current 
**The devil has put a penalty on all things we enjoy in life.  Either we suffer in health or we suffer in soul or we get fat...Albert Einstein ** 

CandaceHasCurves
on 2/1/10 10:36 pm - Alexandria, VA
 I know that you're making sure to walk the line:) I appreciate your honesty about your experience.  I would think construction would be an enormous distraction and make it harder for them to do their jobs...but still...what a bummer!

I had a similar experience at Fairfax ER after being admitted...it is scary to be in pain and not be listened to.

..however, the two times I've been back (once for my son, once for me) were in the day and were great.

But all things considered, I'm really glad I'm getting the surgery at Fair Oaks. :)
aubiefan143
on 2/1/10 4:14 am - herndon , VA
RNY on 01/26/10 with
I just had surgery at Fair Oaks last Tuesday and can't say enough from beginning to end, they were super. I also have Aetna, and though I have not received any bills yet, I should only have a $250.00 co pay for hospital stay. I would only wory about your surgeon and hospital being in network as they are with Aetna, everyone else involved should be covered under hospital....you don't choose your anesthesiologist so how could you choose in-network. I don't think you have anything to worry about. Aetna has covered everything for my (beside co-pay) from psych consult to Nut visits to upper indoscopy (75.00 out patient co pay)
Aetna, and Fair Oaks hospital were just wonderful......so far, and I don't expect any problems.
Good luck
Any other questions feel free to PM me.
Saving a seat on the losers bench for you.

Penny
Highest weight 275 
Surgery weight 241
Goal weight 145
Current
  weight 143 (after TT and Thigh lift)   

Most Active
Recent Topics
Post Op 17 years
Penn5mom · 1 replies · 944 views
Anyone From RVA
jacreasy · 0 replies · 2278 views