10 days, 22 pounds

elizabethbc
on 1/27/10 4:26 am
Hi:

I am happy, and wanted to share my happiness.  I am ten days out from my revision (due to two gastrogastric fistulae), and I am down 22 pounds from the day of surgery.  

I know you all will understand how it feels.  I am grateful...

Peace,
elizabeth
vagirl00
on 1/27/10 7:12 am
RNY on 09/19/07 with
Wonderful news, Elizabeth, congratulations!!!  :) 
Cindy   Beach    

5'9"   347/200/186/180

The best and most beautiful things in the world cannot be seen or even touched. They must be felt with the heart.

....Helen Keller

Ms Court
on 1/27/10 9:05 pm - Remington, VA
Congrats Elizabeth!!!!

Courtney  305/155/150/225 high/goal/low/current 
**The devil has put a penalty on all things we enjoy in life.  Either we suffer in health or we suffer in soul or we get fat...Albert Einstein ** 

dwpersel
on 1/30/10 2:05 am - Fredericksburg, VA
Incredible Elizabeth! Congratulations!

Diana

divinity
on 3/31/10 5:27 am - somewhere, VA
Elizabeth,
I'm so happy for you.  I was researching information about my own gastro fistula and came upon your notes.  I was orignally 267 pouds, got down to 143.  my originial surgery was in 2004 and I'd maintained 150 during that time.  Lately I've been gaining weight quickly and didn't feel full anymore.  I am up to 175.  Had my egd done last week and he said I have a fistula big enough to almost put two fingers in.  Result of the celebrex I was taking I'm sure.  I kept telling my doctor I shouldn't be taking it.  Anyway, I have surgical appt with him tomorrow to determine course.  He doesn't believe a full revision will be necessary because he doesn't see where any intestines have damage.  I also have a lower hernia, but he said he can't do both at the same time and the fistula is more important.  The hernia causes me much more pain. lol  Now that I've got all this out, did you have to start from ground zero?  How long were you off work?  Anyway, I hope you have continued success.
Peace,
Candy
Most Active
Recent Topics
Post Op 17 years
Penn5mom · 1 replies · 944 views
Anyone From RVA
jacreasy · 0 replies · 2278 views