New to the VA board

(deactivated member)
on 1/25/10 9:57 pm
Hello all.  I'm new to the VA board, but not to OH.  I see that several members use the blue point group.  I was wondering as to the Plastic surgery aspect of that group.  Can anyone shed insight my way as to time off for procedures and cost?  I have a consult with Dr K on the 15 of Feb.  Thank you in advance.

Shelli
vagirl00
on 1/26/10 7:50 am
RNY on 09/19/07 with
Welcome to the Board, Shelli! 

I can't speak to the PS aspect of Bluepoint, but I can tell you that the practice is very good, and well thought of. 

Good luck with your consult!  Keep us posted!  :)
Cindy   Beach    

5'9"   347/200/186/180

The best and most beautiful things in the world cannot be seen or even touched. They must be felt with the heart.

....Helen Keller

(deactivated member)
on 1/26/10 8:02 pm

Cindy,

Thank you for the warm welcome.  I love Drs Halmi and Tran and their NP Rafi.

Shelli

caroline2622
on 1/26/10 7:55 am - Woodbridge , VA
VSG on 09/30/08 with
I consulted with Dr Andrew Kreigel of Bluepoint.   I did not use him although they offer a discount if you stay within.  I felt he did not get WLS patients and was a bit to agressive.  Felt he did not understand why I was there..... It was not to be perfected, but to help me me with the issues of the heavy weight loss.....   I also did not appreciate that several of us were lead to believe that we were actually consulting with Dr KreiGER.... Office staff did not correct us on the error.

I consulted with Dr Mitchell Krieger of Goldberg & Krieger (Fair Oaks Hospital)   Dr Krieger co authored a book on PS with WLS Patients....  Meeting with him was a wonderful experience in that he get WLS...  I chose him for my 12/7 PS.    I consider myself very lucky to have had Dr Krieger as my surgeon ..... Would not hesitate using him again ..

Good luck and keep in touch

lost 140 lbs     

Extended TT 12/072009     Plastic Surgeon Mitchell Krieger                     
(deactivated member)
on 1/26/10 8:01 pm
Caroline,

Thanks for the info.  Wow. Kreigel and Krieger... guess I need to check in more detail.  Do you know if Krieger participate with GEHA insurance?

Thanks again,

Shelli
caroline2622
on 1/27/10 7:06 am - Woodbridge , VA
VSG on 09/30/08 with

Shelli    Not sure about GEHA  I am BCBS.....  Keep  in mind most insurance policies do not cover plastics       My hernia repair was covered but my extended Tummy Tuck was not covered. 

Dr Krieger's staff is 1st class and can answer your questions.   Your 1st visit is a consult

lost 140 lbs     

Extended TT 12/072009     Plastic Surgeon Mitchell Krieger                     
SWEET Tink
on 1/30/10 7:42 pm
Hi Kim ,
Welcome to the Va Board.
I too am a patient of Dr. Kreiger. I would not have wanted anyone else to do my surgeries. He was a blessing to me .
He does particapte in insurance , but how he does it is like this . Normally you will pay cash for your proceedures. Once you are done , you would then go to your insurance company and file on your own. Krieger would then give your insurance company what they would need to approve if they did inddeed approvel. His theory is , most insurance companies will not pay for Plastics as a result of WLS. He says that in all the years of his practice , he has had maybe 1 approved.
Now I had my TT approved by BCBS due to the fact I had a hernia that needed repaired..

I would love to share my experiences with you via PM .
If you want write me and I will go over what all entailed and share my photos .

Congratulations on your succesful journey ,

Tink

Proud Obesity Help Bariatric Life Coach
Proud Obesity Help Support Group Leader
Fighting Daily the Disease We Call Obesity !
www.obesityhelp.com/group/LifeStartsWLS08
www.vawlsevents.com
Helping Others Find Their Way to a Life They Deserve!

Kim E.
on 1/29/10 11:27 pm - VA
WELCOME!!
Dr K is awesome !
My sis had him and loved him !
Good Luck !!!
Kim 

Lap Band March 2007- SW = 310
DS - 4/24/09 - SW = 255
CW = 175
GW = 160
Colon Cancer Survivor and Obesity Survivor - Can't do much better then that !!  ENJOY !!!

Most Active
Recent Topics
Post Op 17 years
Penn5mom · 1 replies · 944 views
Anyone From RVA
jacreasy · 0 replies · 2278 views