Hiatal Hernia/Ulcer

wontfly
on 1/24/10 12:01 am - VA
I have seen people talk about having hiatal hernias and ulcers. I was wondering what symptoms you had. I have constant burping (not fun at work!), sometimes pain in my chest, reflux (not all the time) and i take nexium 2x a day, and a gurgling in my throat/chest when i eat/drink. 
I know that we aren't doctors, but just was wondering if anyone has had any of these symptoms and what they found out about them.
THANK YOU!!!!!  
caroline2622
on 1/24/10 4:26 am - Woodbridge , VA
VSG on 09/30/08 with
Sorry you are having a hard time with acid.  

My surgery is a bit different than yours but I do have some similaities.     If I eat too much or too fast I have get gurgley and sometimes sneeze.   Eating and drinking too fast can add to issues.

The pain in the chest could be swelling.... Have you recently had a fill?  Friend on occasion returned to have some fluid removed.   You should not be suffering..  

Not a bad idea to call the surgeon or your gastro....   Have you had your gall bladder out.?

Like I said my surgery is quite different .... I hope some of our lap banders will shout out ....

Keep in touch and let us know how you are doing.   

lost 140 lbs     

Extended TT 12/072009     Plastic Surgeon Mitchell Krieger                     
wjoegreen
on 1/24/10 12:26 pm - Colonial Heights, VA
I had both but at RNY, Dr. Hutcher took my gall bladder and reapired my hiatal hernia as well as added his personal touch plastic collar  at the top of the new pouch to ensure a longer-term restricted opening into the new smaller pouch.  I have not had anymore of those exact symptom since my RNY in 06.  I am not sure how they addressed your issues with the lap band but it sounds like you still have the classic symptoms.  I would complain/state your concerns and continuing discomfort to your surgeon.  Sounds like the nexium isn't doing the job for you.  It did not work for me either in my treatments before RNY.   Keep the faith and don't hesistate to stand up for yourself. It is the only way you are going to get results,...besides avoiding foods that cause you discomfort; and I assume that list is growing.
Joe Green 
Colonial Heights VA
[email protected]
Ms Court
on 1/24/10 10:03 pm - Remington, VA
My husband & stepfather both have hiatal hernias (no WLS), The nexim didn't work well enough for them.  Hubby was having a lot of chest pain with his before diagnosis, spent some scary times in tthe ER.  After an EGD and a new medication he is doing really well with it.

Definitely research it & follow up with your doctors.

Courtney  305/155/150/225 high/goal/low/current 
**The devil has put a penalty on all things we enjoy in life.  Either we suffer in health or we suffer in soul or we get fat...Albert Einstein ** 

Most Active
Recent Topics
Post Op 17 years
Penn5mom · 1 replies · 944 views
Anyone From RVA
jacreasy · 0 replies · 2278 views