Checking in

Lynn415
on 1/24/10 5:52 am - Chantilly, VA
Hi.  I continue to hover around this forum but not post very often so I'm just here to say hello.
I am a little over 9 months out and down 129... I'd like to lose a few more.  I have been very strict with myself about taking all of my vitamins every day and getting at least 2 protein shakes in every day.  I have focused on always eating my protein first at every meal.  I don't always measure my food but am pretty good at judging how much I'm eating.  I never drink during and after meals. 
What I'm not good at is getting all of my water in.  I try, but beyond that two protein shakes (about 16 oz of water each mixed with Nectar roadside lemonade or fuzzy navel)  and about 12 oz. of coffee with Click  espresso protein powder and 1/2 cup of skim milk every morning ... I know technically that doesn't count as liquid because of the caffeine...  I try to get an additional bottle of water or two in, but it doesn't happen very often.
And I still can't predict how my body reacts to cheating.  Sometimes when i think I've been very good, I stall.. and other times, like around the holidays, when I eat things I know I shouldn't (small amounts of sugary treats or potato chips/dip) I continue to lose.  Like this past week.  We gave a big party for my son who got married a few weeks ago and decided I wasn't going to worry about what I ate, beyond avoiding things that might make me sick... I don't seem to dump on small amounts of sugar... so I ate a piece of wedding cake and a fancy candy favor... and yeast bread rolls (well, about 1/2 of one) at dinner... thinking that if I ended up being up a few pounds I'd just get back on track and fix it later... but no... I was actually down another pound this week.  Go figure! 
I am back on track now that the partying is over and the out of town guests have left.  Have actually found a couple of fish recipes that my hubby ... who generally hates fish... will eat!
I sure wish there were more support meetings up in the Fairfax area.  I try to go to the monthly meeting at Fair Oaks hospital but the last couple of months i have missed it because of other commitments.
I will continue to check in here and on the RNY board.  These are my best support groups for now.
Surgery 4/15/09 - 294 lb.
At goal   2/15/10 - 160 lb.
Currently:  ... and for the rest of my life:  Figuring out maintenance.
vagirl00
on 1/24/10 6:37 am
RNY on 09/19/07 with
It sounds like you are doing wonderfully!  Keep up the great work.  :)
Cindy   Beach    

5'9"   347/200/186/180

The best and most beautiful things in the world cannot be seen or even touched. They must be felt with the heart.

....Helen Keller

caroline2622
on 1/24/10 8:42 am - Woodbridge , VA
VSG on 09/30/08 with
You are doing great !        I know what you mean about support groups ..   I work very early and the last time I got home until 10 30 ...  Just cannot do it.   

Great you are keeping up with extra protien suppliments.      

Do not be a stranger, we need everyones support and stories.  They help all of us keep in check too.   thanks

lost 140 lbs     

Extended TT 12/072009     Plastic Surgeon Mitchell Krieger                     
Ms Court
on 1/24/10 10:07 pm - Remington, VA

At 4 years out I still struggle with my water intake.  Some days I will go 5 hours or more with nothing.  I just keep trying to find things that will work for me.  Decaf tea made with splenda, crystal light, fuse, and propel are my favorites.  If I am looking for comfort then it is decaf coffee.  I know that not keeping up on those levels does slow up the losing process.

As for your eating, you may not be getting in enough calories which is why you lose when you cheat some.  Try doing an online food journal to see what you are getting in the day versus your exercise and see if it is enough.

Sounds like you have done great with your journey so far!  Keep up the good work.

Courtney  305/155/150/225 high/goal/low/current 
**The devil has put a penalty on all things we enjoy in life.  Either we suffer in health or we suffer in soul or we get fat...Albert Einstein ** 

Most Active
Recent Topics
Post Op 17 years
Penn5mom · 1 replies · 944 views
Anyone From RVA
jacreasy · 0 replies · 2278 views