Great news from Blue Point Group!!

Melissa N.
on 1/21/10 2:36 am - Stafford, VA
I was in there today for a follow-up with Dr Halmi on my ulcers and I ran into Marla.  They are going to be starting a consaling group Feb 2 with a psychologist from Potomac Hospital at the Woodbridge office!!!  This is very exciting.  There has been many conversations amoung a group of us about the importance of mental health with having surgery and how there is not enough emphasis on this pre and post op.  A couple of us have approached Marla about this issue and she was very reseptive on the issue and implmenting a program that focuses on mental health of their patients.  It looks like after months of preperation it is coming together!!!  I am so happy to be part of Blue Point as a patient and I think they have made great strides in implamenting post op care for their patients!!!

415/375/180/175
highest/surgery day/current/ goal

Tina22026
on 1/21/10 3:47 am
RNY on 01/14/09 with
 Great news - thanks for sharing Melissa!  Hope your ulcers are doing okay as well

Tina
Consult/Pre Op/Current/Goal - 347/329/137/160 

lysb
on 1/21/10 10:30 pm - Alexandria, VA
thanks for sharing the information Melissa, that is a great idea!  I hope your ulcers are better sweetie, take care. lys

vagirl00
on 1/22/10 1:28 pm
RNY on 09/19/07 with
Hey, Melissa:  That is great!  Just goes to show why they are such a good group -- they are interested in the overall health and wellbeing of their patients!  :) 
Cindy   Beach    

5'9"   347/200/186/180

The best and most beautiful things in the world cannot be seen or even touched. They must be felt with the heart.

....Helen Keller

Most Active
Recent Topics
Post Op 17 years
Penn5mom · 1 replies · 944 views
Anyone From RVA
jacreasy · 0 replies · 2278 views