VSG In NOVA?

(deactivated member)
on 1/20/10 4:11 am - Leesburg, VA
VSG on 05/03/11 with
Who was your Dr and insurance for your VSG or deudonal Switch in Northern VA. Might be looking for a new Dr local to Northern VA.

Thanks.
caroline2622
on 1/20/10 4:36 am - Woodbridge , VA
VSG on 09/30/08 with
Dr Amir Moazzez   Bluepoint Surgical     Fair Oaks Hospital       Great reputation as a bariatric and general surgeon

lost 140 lbs     

Extended TT 12/072009     Plastic Surgeon Mitchell Krieger                     
Brenda E.
on 1/20/10 6:04 am - Fredericksburg, VA
RNY on 07/29/09 with
I had RNY but I do know that Dr. Halmi does perform the VSG.  He is with Bluepoint group who operates out of Woodbridge, Fairfax and soon Stafford, VA.  Good luck!

Brenda

vagirl00
on 1/20/10 7:25 am
RNY on 09/19/07 with
In addition to the two the others have mentioned, I understand that Dr. Elarini also does the procedure.  Good luck!  :)
Cindy   Beach    

5'9"   347/200/186/180

The best and most beautiful things in the world cannot be seen or even touched. They must be felt with the heart.

....Helen Keller

(deactivated member)
on 1/30/10 9:12 pm - Woodbridge, VA
Dr. Elariny does the DS, so he knows how to do a VSG (since that's the stomach part of the DS), but he does NOT believe the VSG will have good long-term statistics, so he performs the VSG as a stand-alone procedure quite rarely.
(deactivated member)
on 1/20/10 9:48 am - Yorktown, VA
I believe Dr. Elariny is the only one who does the DS.  You can get a full list at www.dsfacts.com and they're listed by state.

Good luck!
(deactivated member)
on 1/30/10 9:15 pm - Woodbridge, VA
Yes, Dr. Elariny does the DS in NOVA, but be very aware that no matter what insurance you have, he is considered out-of-network for the DS because he bills through a third party, so there will be about $8,000 in upfront out-of-pocket expenses.
SWEET Tink
on 1/30/10 8:07 pm
HIjack ..
Remember me ? I have wondered where you went to. Are you preparing to do the surgery ?
The names you recieved are very reputable docs.
I would love to get caught up ,

Take care ,
Tink

Proud Obesity Help Bariatric Life Coach
Proud Obesity Help Support Group Leader
Fighting Daily the Disease We Call Obesity !
www.obesityhelp.com/group/LifeStartsWLS08
www.vawlsevents.com
Helping Others Find Their Way to a Life They Deserve!

Most Active
Recent Topics
Post Op 17 years
Penn5mom · 1 replies · 944 views
Anyone From RVA
jacreasy · 0 replies · 2278 views