2 month post-op DS update (pics included)

(deactivated member)
on 1/13/10 11:37 am - Yorktown, VA
I'm not on this board as much as the DS board as I find this one moves much slower.  I do try and pop over once a week or so, though.  I really really enjoyed reading updates as a pre-op, so I'm going to try and return the favor and post a monthly update.

I have to say that I feel great!  I've felt totally normal and back to my old self for a couple of weeks now.  I'd say around 5 to 6 weeks was when I started feeling completely normal again.  I really had a wonderfully smooth recovery with no complications (knock on wood).  I have no food issues or intolerances.  I can drink water again and even take in a few gulps.  I'm now having a much easier time swallowing pills and am now getting all my vitamins in.  (I will occasionally miss the zinc and 2nd multi as that's my last dose of the day.)

I had no comorbidities.  I do have some knee issues and they no longer hurt.  Climbing stairs is easier and I mind it a lot less!  I am down about 2 sizes in clothing.

Here is a pic of me pre-op:
IMG_1156-1.jpg picture by Tessy888

Here is a pic of  me last night (my actual 2 month date).  I am down a total of 47 pounds (32 the first month and 15 last month).  My husband told me to hold my arms out and then laughed at me saying I look like I am descending from the heavens!  
IMG_1357.jpg picture by Tessy888

I LOVE MY DS!  
vagirl00
on 1/13/10 11:46 am
RNY on 09/19/07 with
You look wonderful!  So glad you are doing so well.  Keep up the great work!  :)
Cindy   Beach    

5'9"   347/200/186/180

The best and most beautiful things in the world cannot be seen or even touched. They must be felt with the heart.

....Helen Keller

(deactivated member)
on 1/13/10 9:49 pm - Yorktown, VA
Thanks!
Ms Court
on 1/13/10 9:29 pm - Remington, VA
You look great!  Such a gorgeous face & smile!  Keep up the good work.

Courtney  305/155/150/225 high/goal/low/current 
**The devil has put a penalty on all things we enjoy in life.  Either we suffer in health or we suffer in soul or we get fat...Albert Einstein ** 

(deactivated member)
on 1/13/10 9:49 pm - Yorktown, VA
Thanks!  *blushes*
Brenda E.
on 1/13/10 9:34 pm - Fredericksburg, VA
RNY on 07/29/09 with
You are doing an amazing job and look fabulous!!  Keep up the good work :)

Brenda

(deactivated member)
on 1/13/10 9:50 pm - Yorktown, VA
Thanks!  You're doing awesome, too!  It looks like you're right about at 50% lost already!
Brenda E.
on 1/13/10 10:05 pm - Fredericksburg, VA
RNY on 07/29/09 with
Thank you!  I am about 1/2 way through and feeling fabulous!  It is amazing the changes I have seen in myself in the past 6 months.  So very glad I did this!!!!

Brenda

dlo2
on 1/13/10 10:15 pm - Brandenburg, KY
Great job,  It feels great doesn't it.  So far my only regret is I didn't do it sooner.

(deactivated member)
on 1/14/10 12:04 pm - Yorktown, VA
Thanks!  It does feel great!
Most Active
Recent Topics
Post Op 17 years
Penn5mom · 1 replies · 944 views
Anyone From RVA
jacreasy · 0 replies · 2279 views